• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

Major Proposed Changes (input required!)

Your vote on how Babiato should continue forward:

• With Ads (some of which may be quite intrusive)

Votes: 138 56.8%
  • With Monthly Milestone Donations (no Ads + benefits)

Votes: 105 43.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps a 3rd option. From @TassieNZ explanation, donating sounds great! A portion of it goes towards licenses and therefore directly benefits everyone.

To make this possible and potentially increase the revenue, ads can be shown to non-donors and visitors while donors get an ad-free experience + perks. At the end of the day, we all know people do use adblockers so relying on ads alone is useless. The more intrusive the ads are, the more users will end up with adblockers and then you'll be back to square one again.

With my proposed method of using both ads and donations, everyone has a chance of contributing to the forums goals, expenses and to new scripts and not just those donating monthly. Furthermore the increased revenue makes it possible to see more scripts including those scripts sought after or not updated due to no one having licenses to them etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: NewFolder
Well, It'll be a far better option than paying for a facebook/twitter blue badge. Count me in

Yesterday, I voted selecting the first option, but after giving it some thoughts, today I changed it to second one.
Here's why:
I personally have been using resources shared here and there's no other place that I'd trust to download from. Paying a small fee to keep the lights on the forum I love is nothing. I'm more than happy to pay for a membership/monthly fee if that's what's required to keep running babiato. Seeing nonsense ads is annoying for real.

• I'd like to have a small donation fee that unlocks some basic stuff. - One example would be to allow donors access to Sale stuff and an increased number of daily downloads available.
  • Another idea is to implement an internal currency like coins that may be earned in 2 ways
    • bought for some extra $$ and used to unlock certain benefits like user status, downloads, etc
    • based on number of posts, reactions, resources uploaded and (as well as tutorials books or other valuable content you post

Donation is fine . Just don't keep some minimum amount for it. Will support this community to my capacity
Yes maybe do something like $1-4 donation gives no donator perks and $5 above gives you the perks. My question is will those perks get reset after 1 month if you don’t donate the next month? And will you still keep the Babiato lover nametag even if you don’t donate every month? @TassieNZ

how about

#1 member no donation, with ads
#2 member milestone donation, no ads,
#3 member active upload resource, with few ads without pop-up

all member can choose that role

Hi!

I am in favor of the option to view intrusive ads while also supporting the platform through monthly donations. This combination could provide additional financial support while preserving the community's ability to support through direct donations.

I suggest that financial contributors have the opportunity to receive additional benefits, such as an increased number of downloads, in exchange for their financial support to Babiato. This could encourage more members to choose the donation option while enhancing their experience on the platform."

Reactions: AnormaL
Hi!

I am in favor of the option to view intrusive ads while also supporting the platform through monthly donations. This combination could provide additional financial support while preserving the community's ability to support through direct donations.

I suggest that financial contributors have the opportunity to receive additional benefits, such as an increased number of downloads, in exchange for their financial support to Babiato. This could encourage more members to choose the donation option while enhancing their experience on the platform."
N.B. I'm ready to donate

I like the idea that we can contribute either monthly or in some other way. The truth is that this is the only forum that I could trust downloading resources. (I have purchased resources to contribute, but I still don't understand how to do it, my English is bad enough for instructions).
It doesn't bother me either that there are announcements within the forum. it could be a mixture of both. Those of us who have already donated money can continue to do so.
The work everyone is doing to keep this alive is amazing. thanks @TassieNZ

I've been using this site for a couple of years now. I voted for 2nd option and I also donated for the first time as well. If this website is helping you or helped you in earning anything online - You should share your revenue and give back to the community.

I didn't have any money when I started a few years back but slowly and gradually I learned and this website played an essential role in my journey.

I think you guys should come up with a membership program, in which paid members would get the latest updates and unpaid members will get the updates after a week or so. And you can keep the membership to min. 15$ a year etc. and as bonuses you can add Marketing/Personal/Coding courses for paid members.

I humbly thank @Babak, @TassieNZ and @Medw1311 for providing clean scripts to us and helping us when we were struggling.

'I REMEMBER'

I've been using this site for a couple of years now. I voted for 2nd option and I also donated for the first time as well. If this website is helping you or helped you in earning anything online - You should share your revenue and give back to the community.

I didn't have any money when I started a few years back but slowly and gradually I learned and this website played an essential role in my journey.

I think you guys should come up with a membership program, in which paid members would get the latest updates and unpaid members will get the updates after a week or so. And you can keep the membership to min. 15$ a year etc. and as bonuses you can add Marketing/Personal/Coding courses for paid members.

I humbly thank @Babak, @TassieNZ and @Medw1311 for providing clean scripts to us and helping us when we were struggling.

'I REMEMBER'
Thank you for your donation 😍

I think people are voting No. 1 more, not because they don't believe in and prefer No. 2, but because they are afraid of the uncertainty that comes from No. 2: the uncertainty of the magnitude of the financial obligation that would be imposed on them and the likelihood that they may not be able to afford what is eventually imposed on them and be prevented from using the platform.

I am sure most people would want to chip in to not just sustain the site but reward those running it to make it worthwhile; however, giving them an idea of what No. 2 could cost them periodically would help in making them make better informed voting decisions. Since this is not available, they would rather play it safe and take their chances with No. 1 and survive the aggressive ad onslaught.

By the way, don't ask me if I am speaking solely for myself or some people who voted No. 1. ;)

'I REMEMBER'

This is a very good idea @TassieNZ

It's more or less what I had suggested.
But condensed into an annual subscription

I would only add that instead of 15 be 14.40 usd
What is the same 1.20 usd x 12 months = 14.40

This would be nice for a "Yearly Supporter" badge

If you do this I will donate the CSS of one of these 2 badges:
(Are animated, click with the scroll to go to the video)

Reactions: Jamacart
i think donations should start from 1 USD since we have many users - 5 USD may be on a higher side but imagine 1 USD for about 100,000 users

you get more in a short time that can run operations for longer and give VIP perks to those who donate

i think donations should start from 1 USD since we have many users - 5 USD may be on a higher side but imagine 1 USD for about 100,000 users

you get more in a short time that can run operations for longer and give VIP perks to those who donate
2 bucks a month or 20 bucks a year sounds good.. A lot of folks can afford that.. Maybe have higher tiers with other perks.
Besides.. You guys have started IP Blocking people with add blockers.. I just got banned/caught...

Very naughty of you! You've been a bad boy so you're blocked.

Have added babia.to to the whitelist but we dont always use one device.. warning would be nice. :)

Reactions: optim254
Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock