• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

Bricks Builder - Build WordPress Sites That Rank

Bricks Builder - Build WordPress Sites That Rank v1.9.8 BETA [FIX]

No permission to download
Wondering if we can start a thread / section on how to use Bricks Builder. I've come to realize after testing it and looking at their videos and FAQ that there's limited info on building sites with the the builder.

Like something basic - how do you get a page template to become the site home page? I've made a Bricks page template, designated it as Front page, but it can't be chosen from the WordPress page options. I thought I could just create a home page template and pick it from the static page list - nope!

Wondering if we can start a thread / section on how to use Bricks Builder. I've come to realize after testing it and looking at their videos and FAQ that there's limited info on building sites with the the builder.

Like something basic - how do you get a page template to become the site home page? I've made a Bricks page template, designated it as Front page, but it can't be chosen from the WordPress page options. I thought I could just create a home page template and pick it from the static page list - nope!
That is why I started the competition in the hope that members will help each other there.
There is also a prize for the most helpful member.

Reactions: Pixelate
That is why I started the competition in the hope that members will help each other there.
There is also a prize for the most helpful member.
I just had a weird glitch happen, so I posted it under Website Support. I was thinking your thread would be more examples that are working rather than issues?

I just had a weird glitch happen, so I posted it under Website Support. I was thinking your thread would be more examples that are working rather than issues?
It's fine you can start a new post there.
The more people help the better.
We all need help with this because it's new.

Yeah I just noticed that too. I think just create a normal page rather than a template.

Yes, I agree.
Tested a header template and it glitched bad.
We have to remember that this is a v1.0 release so bugs are to be expected.

Yeah I just noticed that too. I think just create a normal page rather than a template.
Yeah I don't really understand and unfortunately the Bricks site has no info on how to create a custom home page. I wanted to build my home page using Bricks builder. Hopefully more videos will come out of people doing this basic stuff.

Yeah I don't really understand and unfortunately the Bricks site has no info on how to create a custom home page. I wanted to build my home page using Bricks builder. Hopefully more videos will come out of people doing this basic stuff.
Create a page in the normal way then come back to the all pages and you will see an option to Edit With Bricks...

Capture.JPG

Create a page in the normal way then come back to the all pages and you will see an option to Edit With Bricks...

Capture.JPG
I've been doing that. I get into the Editor, create the template and then when I go to the Front end my template work is gone.

I have the Gutenburg <>Bricks setting ( Load Gutenberg data into Bricks and Save Bricks data as Gutenberg data on)

Attachments

• builder-homepage-editor.png
    builder-homepage-editor.png
    408.8 KB · Views: 9
I have the Gutenburg <>Bricks setting ( Load Gutenberg data into Bricks and Save Bricks data as Gutenberg data on)

What about if you have this turned off?

I've been doing that. I get into the Editor, create the template and then when I go to the Front end my template work is gone.

The weird thing is that when I go back into the Bricks editor, I can see the template work that I did but it's not showing up on the front end.

I turned Bricks setting off, but still the same.

The weird thing is that when I go back into the Bricks editor, I can see the template work that I did but it's not showing up on the front end.

I turned Bricks setting off, but still the same.
Hmm strange.

You have to go to Settings --> Template Settings --> Populate Content --> Single post/Page --> Frontpage
See also

You have to go to Settings --> Template Settings --> Populate Content --> Single post/Page --> Frontpage
See also
Thanks!

I'm used to the Oxygen builder approach, so the Main template has both the Header / footer in it, so figuring out what are supposed to be in the Archive / Category / Single / Front page templates.

I'm realizing from watching the videos, that there are a lot of assumptions by the Developer about pieces of the building process that aren't clear to Developers using other builders.

Reactions: luuk64
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock