• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

Best CRM - Perfex, Rise or Grow?

CRM of Choice

• Total voters
My biggest constrain to not go with Perfex was the fact that I run a small PC repair shop and sometimes I have some walking clients etc. that are not having a company or so. In Perfex (about a year ago at least) when you add a customer, it needs to be a member of a company. So to avoid this inconvenience, I was told to either create a :WALKIN: company and assign all the users to it, or there were some settings which made the company field not required but I still had to add the name of the person as a company and as a payee.
I can't speak much about Rise, but I can tell that it is gaining speed and am myself considering switching from GrowCRM to Rise.
It was quite educative to find out that PERFEX has moved forward with some extra plugins and I might give it a shot and re-evaluate.

One thing to consider is the number of plugins/modules one would require to achieve the so called "perfect state" as sometimes if the functionality of one CRM is allowing you to pay X-amount of money and be ready but another requires X*2 or even 3 to include missing functionality as modules, then it would be just a matter of reasonability or personal preference of GUI, developers, support etc.
I wish Rise CRM was built under Laravel as it is my framework of choice and I might have borrowed some of the code for my other projects and ideas, but seems like most of the devs these days pick CodeIgniter as it is faster to develop and is a common startup for India and several other countries (no disrespect to people using it of course).
Thank you for your thoughts on the 3 CRMs. From your post, I take it that you're currently with Grow. I installed Rise and Perfex to test but decided to get Rise. Unfortunately, I'm having some trouble installing Rise, and it appears the support has fallen asleep these past few days.
Frustrating? Yes, it is because I'm tired of twiddling my fingers, waiting for a reply. :)
I may consider switching to Perfex in the future; dunno yet.

Thank you for your thoughts on the 3 CRMs. From your post, I take it that you're currently with Grow. I installed Rise and Perfex to test but decided to get Rise. Unfortunately, I'm having some trouble installing Rise, and it appears the support has fallen asleep these past few days.
Frustrating? Yes, it is because I'm tired of twiddling my fingers, waiting for a reply. :)
I may consider switching to Perfex in the future; dunno yet.
This is a great thread as I was looking for the same answer, which is the best CRM

I’ve just installed rise now and I’m liking what I see so far , it seems to have everything , but after readying this thread I’m thinking I should of gone with Perfex , guess I will just have to test them both 🙂

For the install try using php 7.3
Upload and unzip the files
Make a user and database
Then run your domain name to start the install put in the dB details you create earlier, purchase code and press go

Everything should work I’m testing it right now 🙂

@WhiteFluffyPuppy I am sorry to hear you've got issues with Rise CRM. I must have expressed myself incorrectly or mislead as I am with Geo Pos and it does the purpose, but have some bugs that I've had to deal with and fix on my own but the support was in the "sleepy mood too".
I was considering GROW vs RISE and so far I like Rise a bit more (it is more of the UI/UX styling that I mostly like) as I need the basic functionality + subscription bills (repetitive bills that are sent automatically as per your preferred interval). Nothing else I am using of the functionality, but if one of the two is built on Laravel, I would pick that as a winner as I would be able to easily modify the code or eventually write my own plugins/modules etc. in order to fulfil the functionality needed. I've started looking into CodeIgniter a bit, but it seems like a completely new CMF to learn so I'd rather stick with the one I am comfortable on.
One thing I liked over GROW (correct me if I am wrong) was that the RISE has the Private messages where the site can be turned into a customer/vendor communication channel and so forth. I did not find such functionality with Grow. The Rise calendar was a tidy and neat as well (in a case such feature is needed).

@WhiteFluffyPuppy I am sorry to hear you've got issues with Rise CRM. I must have expressed myself incorrectly or mislead as I am with Geo Pos and it does the purpose, but have some bugs that I've had to deal with and fix on my own but the support was in the "sleepy mood too".
I was considering GROW vs RISE and so far I like Rise a bit more (it is more of the UI/UX styling that I mostly like) as I need the basic functionality + subscription bills (repetitive bills that are sent automatically as per your preferred interval). Nothing else I am using of the functionality, but if one of the two is built on Laravel, I would pick that as a winner as I would be able to easily modify the code or eventually write my own plugins/modules etc. in order to fulfil the functionality needed. I've started looking into CodeIgniter a bit, but it seems like a completely new CMF to learn so I'd rather stick with the one I am comfortable on.
One thing I liked over GROW (correct me if I am wrong) was that the RISE has the Private messages where the site can be turned into a customer/vendor communication channel and so forth. I did not find such functionality with Grow. The Rise calendar was a tidy and neat as well (in a case such feature is needed).
I finally solved the installation issue. I'll start customizing it tomorrow. I don't know about the customer/vendor communication features of Rise. However, similarly, I like the feel of Rise (UI/UX). If it does what I want it to do (not much), I'll stick with it amidst the chants from the Perfex's supporters' club. :D

All of them have a disadvantage: you cannot sell packages with predefined support hours per type like Design, Development, Content with incrementing total spent hours and auto-calculating of remaining hours per customer

Reactions: Pixelate
All of them have a disadvantage: you cannot sell packages with predefined support hours per type like Design, Development, Content with incrementing total spent hours and auto-calculating of remaining hours per customer
I'm sorry but I don't understand what you mean. In my case, I'm offering services per cost of the project but not broken down into billable hours (is that what you meant).

Perfex has a lot of addons available for it but the script I believe RISE is the best in UX.

Reactions: JaK555
Perfex has a lot of addons available for it but the script I believe RISE is the best in UX.
Thank you for sharing your thoughts on the matter. I agree with your submissions.
I think RISE devs should also consider adding more features promptly or open up RISE to external contributions/addons, just my thoughts.

I love Perfex and I have customized it to be Saas and I am running a buinsess outta of it.

I love Perfex and I have customized it to be Saas and I am running a buinsess outta of it.
That's awesome! I never disputed Perfex's awesomeness! I didn't even know the SAAS feature was available even via customization. Interesting. How did you do that, if I may ask? Hahaha! I asked (I'm not sure why people say "If I may ask" after asking.) 😊

Anyway, I know one day, I will switch over to Perfex. I still have to coast along for now as a newbie.

I use Perfex the most for my clients. I have also showed them all the other options like Rise and so on. But they always said that they are happy that they have chosen Perfex cause of the customization and simplicity for developers to create their own modules.

My biggest constrain to not go with Perfex was the fact that I run a small PC repair shop and sometimes I have some walking clients etc. that are not having a company or so. In Perfex (about a year ago at least) when you add a customer, it needs to be a member of a company. So to avoid this inconvenience, I was told to either create a :WALKIN: company and assign all the users to it, or there were some settings which made the company field not required but I still had to add the name of the person as a company and as a payee.
I can't speak much about Rise, but I can tell that it is gaining speed and am myself considering switching from GrowCRM to Rise.
It was quite educative to find out that PERFEX has moved forward with some extra plugins and I might give it a shot and re-evaluate.

One thing to consider is the number of plugins/modules one would require to achieve the so called "perfect state" as sometimes if the functionality of one CRM is allowing you to pay X-amount of money and be ready but another requires X*2 or even 3 to include missing functionality as modules, then it would be just a matter of reasonability or personal preference of GUI, developers, support etc.
I wish Rise CRM was built under Laravel as it is my framework of choice and I might have borrowed some of the code for my other projects and ideas, but seems like most of the devs these days pick CodeIgniter as it is faster to develop and is a common startup for India and several other countries (no disrespect to people using it of course).
I run a computer repair shop as well and ran into this same issue and had this same inconvenience and actually ended up making my own some-what fix. I had to dive into the code a little bit but I'd be happy to share it with you if you're interested!

Reactions: WhiteFluffyPuppy
I use Perfex but my biggest gripe with it is the half-assed documentation and the redundancy with add-ons. I have 3 separate "items" menu links across my purchasing, inventory, and built in sales module. As an app that is supposed to boost productivity, I will say my ADHD brain does travel quite a bit between things like this too often...

Reactions: DatDudeUpStairs
I use Perfex the most for my clients. I have also showed them all the other options like Rise and so on. But they always said that they are happy that they have chosen Perfex cause of the customization and simplicity for developers to create their own modules.
I see. So it's a developer's happy toy, right? Nice angle. 👍
I have Perfex installed but am not ready to use it. The more a business grows, the more it should invest in its customer service or support, in this case, the dev of Perfex. I would have been using it but the devs were not positive on a question (or feature) which I later found out on Babiato existed. Not everyone is a techie. I wish I could dive into codes and fearlessly smash things up like the hulk and fix them up again like Dr. Strange. 😊

I use Perfex but my biggest gripe with it is the half-assed documentation and the redundancy with add-ons. I have 3 separate "items" menu links across my purchasing, inventory, and built in sales module. As an app that is supposed to boost productivity, I will say my ADHD brain does travel quite a bit between things like this too often...
Perhaps the devs feel too big to be bothered with being detailed and more helpful to users? 🤷‍♂️

I see. So it's a developer's happy toy, right? Nice angle. 👍
I have Perfex installed but am not ready to use it. The more a business grows, the more it should invest in its customer service or support, in this case, the dev of Perfex. I would have been using it but the devs were not positive on a question (or feature) which I later found out on Babiato existed. Not everyone is a techie. I wish I could dive into codes and fearlessly smash things up like the hulk and fix them up again like Dr. Strange. 😊
It's actually very easy. Understand how code is structured, learn some basic Javascript, HTML, CSS and advanced PHP. It maybe takes 2-3 months if you are consistent. Start some easy projects and start researching your code in order to make your code work. If you have finished some projects you are ready. Coders are basically just very good at looking up stuff fast and add the new code they found on the Internet.
Keep it up. Consistancy is Key.

Reactions: Pixelate
That's awesome! I never disputed Perfex's awesomeness! I didn't even know the SAAS feature was available even via customization. Interesting. How did you do that, if I may ask? Hahaha! I asked (I'm not sure why people say "If I may ask" after asking.) 😊

Anyway, I know one day, I will switch over to Perfex. I still have to coast along for now as a newbie.
It took me a while since it is built with and old version of CodeIgniter but I got there.

It's actually very easy. Understand how code is structured, learn some basic Javascript, HTML, CSS and advanced PHP. It maybe takes 2-3 months if you are consistent. Start some easy projects and start researching your code in order to make your code work. If you have finished some projects you are ready. Coders are basically just very good at looking up stuff fast and add the new code they found on the Internet.
Keep it up. Consistancy is Key.
Thank you for the advice and encouragement. I have many things on my plate, but I will look into coding in the coming year. It's been on my to-do list for some time. What course would you recommend for teenagers with little or no experience in computing to start coding? I plan to kickstart an IT learning hub for poor kids next year. I guess I'll dig through Udemy and find something appropriate when it's nearer the time.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock