• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

Solved Unwanted redirect onclick event

teawebsite

Nov 28, 2019
For a few days now, there have been strange pop-ups on the forum pages that redirect to phishing pages. I inspected it from the console browser and it doesn't seem like a problem with my device. Has anyone detected the same?

They are popunder ads from our ad provider adsterra

Im having this as well, may i recommend not placing the triggers on the account button or in that area. I do agree it generates more clicks but it frustrates the sh** out of me.

;-)

/Edit
Offer a paid membership without ads and a free with ads, the blast the sh** out of the free version forcing paid. Will work

Im having this as well, may i recommend not placing the triggers on the account button or in that area. I do agree it generates more clicks but it frustrates the sh** out of me.

;-)

/Edit
Offer a paid membership without ads and a free with ads, the blast the sh** out of the free version forcing paid. Will work
Donors don't get ads ;-)

I am getting tons of redirects.

Almost like site is hacked. Any link I click on gives a redirect. It was extremely hard just to post this comment.

This is not just ad popups.

The new advertising model seems too invasive to me in the way it is presented, it is difficult to enjoy the forum with this new model, I understand that it is necessary and mandatory for so much volume of users and profitability, but downloads without authorization from Opera, every 5 seconds a popup, re-additions to fraudulent urls....

Reactions: Alanon
I am getting tons of redirects.

Almost like site is hacked. Any link I click on gives a redirect. It was extremely hard just to post this comment.

This is not just ad popups.
They are just ads and we will be testing different formats over the next few days BUT ads are definitely here to stay.

But anyone with one of our new donor badges will NOT have ads so there is an option for those that hate the ads.

Btw let's keep this thread constructive and let me hear your suggestions for ad networks we can try.

This is Adsterra that we are currently testing.

Reactions: Demium
What is the new "donor badge" ? I have donated and still get these pop-ups...
  • Babiato Fan - At least $5 donated in last 30 days - 25 downloads/day
  • Babiato Supporter - At least $10 donated in last 30 days - 35 downloads/day
  • Babiato Guardian - At least $25 donated in last 30 days - 50 downloads/day
  • Babiato Patron - At least $50 donated in last 30 days - 90 downloads/day
  • Babiato Benefactor - At least $100 donated in last 60 days - 150 downloads/day

I have provided resources before the whole fiasco with Babak leaving and even now but nowhere close to what I have before. I have to be honest, this is not the proper way of doing it. It is constant and to make it worse my Norton is going crazy with possible threats (see image).

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-03-16 161109.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-16 161109.png
    16.6 KB · Views: 16
feels terrible for me too.. I am getting popups like there is no tomorrw. thankfully we can block javascript and still browse even tho some things break

Reactions: Alanon
Advertisements are too aggressive and prevent normal use of the forum. The cost of $5 a month to remove ads is too high.

Reactions: Region25
im sure they will work to get this sorted and serve us a decent amount of ads without this madness... unti then just disable javascript and enjoy lightning speeds with small site breackages

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock