• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

Recommendations for a free/cheap server management tool? (Alternatives to Moss.sh)

avosim1

Feb 26, 2023
Hey guys. I have a server on Cloudfanatic (formerly known as Servercheap). Right now I'm managing this server on the free plan of Moss.sh. There I can easily install WordPress on my domains and create and connect databases. It's all great, no problems with it, but it seems like Moss is not active anymore, the newest supported PHP is 7.4, no updates on their social media, etc. So I'd like to switch, and looking for alternatives. Any recommendations? Thanks!

yea i have one it is heliohost they open their registration for only specific time so each day on certain time its good like u can do anything cpanel like interface and everythinf u need for hosting for absolutely free

My favorite ones are:

1. Centminmod Which is an awesome script for managing a server through ssh command prompt, with all the top goodies like nginx, php-fpm, redis, mariadb, let's encrypt (free ssl) optimized perfectly! Also, it's pretty secure and constantly updated. Check their forum or github if you have any questions.

2. CyberPanel That's based on LiteSpeed. It has a simple but effective web panel for managing sites and installing WP. It's pretty AWESOME for WordPress or any other CMS script for it's performance benefits. Using the LiteSpeed Cache you will see the miracle happening in front of your eyes.

Both of them are free and pretty easy to install and manage ;)

Last edited:
I would recommend CyberPanel. It's a powerful and user-friendly web hosting control panel that is specifically designed for use with the LiteSpeed web server. With CyberPanel, you can easily install and manage WordPress sites, set up databases, and much more.

Additionally, CyberPanel is regularly updated and has an active community of users and developers, so you can expect ongoing support and development.
The only problem I face on CyberPanel is a little bit of navigation and UI problems, but nothing with performance.

start with linoude create free account you will get $100 credit for a month and install cyberpanel

My favorite ones are:

1. Centminmod Which is an awesome script for managing a server through ssh command prompt, with all the top goodies like nginx, php-fpm, redis, mariadb, let's encrypt (free ssl) optimized perfectly! Also, it's pretty secure and constantly updated. Check their forum or github if you have any questions.

2. CyberPanel That's based on LiteSpeed. It has a simple but effective web panel for managing sites and installing WP. It's pretty AWESOME for WordPress or any other CMS script for it's performance benefits. Using the LiteSpeed Cache you will see the miracle happening in front of your eyes.

Both of them are free and pretty easy to install and manage ;)
litespeed is not Free. instead OpenLiteSpeed is the free alternative. ;)

Reactions: DenSouLew
litespeed is not Free. instead OpenLiteSpeed is the free alternative. ;)
Partially correct, you can use LiteSpeed Webserver, but you can only host 1 domain (or/with multiple sub-domains, ex. wp network) on a small VPS/Dedi with 2GB or less RAM, free for lifetime.

If, though, you want to host multiple domains and want to use a more powerful VPS/Dedi then, yeah, you should go for OpenLiteSpeed.

Last edited:
Reactions: dsvcam

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kramac
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock