• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

Error on Updating Elementor 2.7.1 to 2.8.7

mustak

Aug 26, 2019
Hi Dear Respected Experts, I am facing an Error on Updating Elementor 2.7.1 to 2.8.7. the error is
"There has been a critical error on your website.

Learn more about debugging in WordPress."
After updating my elementor when i visit to my site, it is showing the above lines of error. I Hope the experts users including Admin of Babiato will help me as soon as possible to solve the problem. Thank you!

I give you 2 solutions.

1. rollback elementor to 2.7.1 (bad idea)
2. debug and fix the problem.

for solution 2
- edit wp-config.php file
- find define('WP_DEBUG', false) and replace with define('WP_DEBUG', true)
- save
- visit your website again and you will see the error message
- copy and paste the error message into the comments below

We need the error message to find out the problem.

Have you tried deleting the old version 2.7.1 and instead of upgrading install 2.8.7 directly. Let us know if that works. Thanks.

Most likely your version of PHP is old and not supported anymore.

I give you 2 solutions.

1. rollback elementor to 2.7.1 (bad idea)
2. debug and fix the problem.

for solution 2
- edit wp-config.php file
- find define('WP_DEBUG', false) and replace with define('WP_DEBUG', true)
- save
- visit your website again and you will see the error message
- copy and paste the error message into the comments below

We need the error message to find out the problem.
Dear zoulhan, after a lot of checking i have not found define('WP_DEBUG',false); in my wp-config.php
But i have written define('WP_DEBUG', true); & then got below the error.
Fatal error: Uncaught TypeError: Argument 1 passed to rh_add_el_page_settings_controls() must be an instance of Elementor\Core\DocumentTypes\Post, instance of Elementor\Core\Kits\Documents\Kit given, called in /home/runcloud/webapps/pickmyhost/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php on line 289 and defined in /home/runcloud/webapps/pickmyhost/wp-content/themes/rehub-theme/functions/el_functions.php:85 Stack trace: #0 /home/runcloud/webapps/pickmyhost/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(289): rh_add_el_page_settings_controls() #1 /home/runcloud/webapps/pickmyhost/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(311): WP_Hook->apply_filters() #2 /home/runcloud/webapps/pickmyhost/wp-includes/plugin.php(478): WP_Hook->do_action() #3 /home/runcloud/webapps/pickmyhost/wp-content/plugins/elementor/includes/compatibility.php(69): do_action() #4 /home/runcloud/webapps/pickmyhost/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(287): Elementor\Compatibility::document_post_deprecated_hooks() #5 /home/runcloud/webapps/pickmyhost/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(311): WP_Hook->apply_filters in /home/runcloud/webapps/pickmyhost/wp-content/themes/rehub-theme/functions/el_functions.php on line 85
I hope you will help me, & i will be thankful to you, if i got the solution for this biggest probem. Thank you.

Attachments

• 1.elerror.PNG
    1.elerror.PNG
    45.9 KB · Views: 4
What version of PHP are you using?

Have you tried deleting the old version 2.7.1 and instead of upgrading install 2.8.7 directly. Let us know if that works. Thanks.
Dear Ckeeper, Directly deleting old version & installing new version is also not working.

7.4 but also lower versions are not working
Ok, is your theme up to date? As the error you posted is actually being thrown by ReHub

Currently, theme is not up to date
That is likely your problem then. Download the latest version and update it via FTP

Dear zoulhan, after a lot of checking i have not found define('WP_DEBUG',false); in my wp-config.php
But i have written define('WP_DEBUG', true); & then got below the error.
Fatal error: Uncaught TypeError: Argument 1 passed to rh_add_el_page_settings_controls() must be an instance of Elementor\Core\DocumentTypes\Post, instance of Elementor\Core\Kits\Documents\Kit given, called in /home/runcloud/webapps/pickmyhost/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php on line 289 and defined in /home/runcloud/webapps/pickmyhost/wp-content/themes/rehub-theme/functions/el_functions.php:85 Stack trace: #0 /home/runcloud/webapps/pickmyhost/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(289): rh_add_el_page_settings_controls() #1 /home/runcloud/webapps/pickmyhost/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(311): WP_Hook->apply_filters() #2 /home/runcloud/webapps/pickmyhost/wp-includes/plugin.php(478): WP_Hook->do_action() #3 /home/runcloud/webapps/pickmyhost/wp-content/plugins/elementor/includes/compatibility.php(69): do_action() #4 /home/runcloud/webapps/pickmyhost/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(287): Elementor\Compatibility::document_post_deprecated_hooks() #5 /home/runcloud/webapps/pickmyhost/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(311): WP_Hook->apply_filters in /home/runcloud/webapps/pickmyhost/wp-content/themes/rehub-theme/functions/el_functions.php on line 85
I hope you will help me, & i will be thankful to you, if i got the solution for this biggest probem. Thank you.

What's your REHub theme version? From this it seems that doesn't play well with your new version of Elementor.

if i buy the license then will i get support from elementor team for this issue?
Not directly as support tickets need to be started through my Elementor account.

But as I said update your theme and your issue will likely be gone.

Reactions: Mr G
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock