• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

Any WordPress plugins/code to let visitors wait X seconds before unlocking a part of text/link?

leatefyr

Apr 3, 2023
I wanted to increase the visiting duration for my website and I've been noticing that other competitors tells the visitor to wait like 30 60 seconds to unlock specific content/download/link, I am very sure this is possible but can't find the correct plugin that has that functionality, does anyone know a plugin or code that could achieve what I wanted? Thanks

Yes possible use scripts
I wanted to increase the visiting duration for my website and I've been noticing that other competitors tells the visitor to wait like 30 60 seconds to unlock specific content/download/link, I am very sure this is possible but can't find the correct plugin that has that functionality, does anyone know a plugin or code that could achieve what I wanted? Thanks
You can use scripts through js. You can achieve this.

• Angry
Reactions: guguk and frizzel
Use script in WordPress
No kidding, really? Wow! I never knew that. A script you say? Who would have thought...
However, it might be helpful if you would be so kind to show us such a script.
Or are you unable to do that and only posting to increase your message number?

A few more of those totally useless posts and I'm sure you're on your way out.

Reactions: guguk
Check this out! Hope this help
Post Link:

Youtube Link:

If you still need help feel free to contact me personally. I love to help.
No kidding, really? Wow! I never knew that. A script you say? Who would have thought...
However, it might be helpful if you would be so kind to show us such a script.
Or are you unable to do that and only posting to increase your message number?

A few more of those totally useless posts and I'm sure you're on your way out.

I'm glad for your replies yeah I actually spent an hour with ChatGPT and little bit of JavaScript, the timed content wasn't bad I just can't enable it to show my customized download button and want to mess around with scripts. Inserted the script into the post's header and got it working without issues (hopefully)

This one does the job and thanks for everyones help
Code:
document.addEventListener("DOMContentLoaded", function() {
    var countdownDiv = document.getElementById("countdown-alert");
    if (countdownDiv) {
      countdownDiv.addEventListener('contextmenu', function(event) {
        event.preventDefault();
      });
      var noticeDiv = countdownDiv.querySelector(".pk-alert");
      if (noticeDiv) {
        var secondsLeft = parseInt(noticeDiv.innerText.match(/\d+/)[0]);
        var countdownInterval = setInterval(function() {
          noticeDiv.innerHTML = "Wait " + secondsLeft + " seconds to unlock the download link...";
          secondsLeft--;
          if (secondsLeft < 0) {
            clearInterval(countdownInterval);
            var dlDiv = document.getElementById("dl-b");
            if (dlDiv) {
              dlDiv.style.display = "block";
              console.log("Download unlocked!");
            }
          }
        }, 1000);
      }
    }
  });

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock