• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

LinkedIn WordPress Page Feed plugins do not work anymore with v2 API?

JayBase

Babiato Lover
May 6, 2022
South Africa
Hi all,

Since LinkedIn updated their API to v2, none of the WordPress LinkedIn page feed plugins work anymore.

This has been the case for going on 2 years now. Yes sure there are plugins to do so that add a widget, but the service is compiled and fed from middle server, like Elfsight, SociableKIT, Tagembed, Tagbox, Juicer and Embedsolcial.

I am building a web app for a client and need to provide their LinkedIn feed in the footer of each page. ITs a realty big project, so I have to be extra conservative about middle server crap that feed excessive files for simple things like the feed I require. Due to them offering all sorts of setup types, themes, effects, etc. You end up getting all the CSS, JS and images with the feed with no control over it.

I need to create the feed directly from LinkedIn on my server, I have a developer account with LinkedIn, already with all the required and approved for use API packages. And I am the super admin of the company page I want to pull the feed from.

I have done loads of searching and reading looking for an answer, and found nothing. Many of the source I have read say it cant be done any more and thats why everyone has stopped development on their plugins. IT doesnt make sense to me because the above listed links to the companies providing widgets for the same purpose can do it so I dont accept it cant be done.

The most promising lead I could find was this one, but its not a WordPress php solution. But the principle is the same right?
confluence-embed-linkedin-company-feed

Can anyone help me achieve this?

Big Up and Respect to the community and forum staff!
Jay

PS these are the LinkedIn API OAuth 2 scopes I have access to. (Took me ages of application to eventually get access to these.)

openid - Use your name and photo
profile - Use your name and photo
r_ads_reporting - Retrieve reporting for your advertising accounts
r_liteprofile - Use your name and photo
r_organization_social - Retrieve your organization's posts, comments, reactions, and other engagement data
rw_organization_admin - Manage your organization's pages and retrieve reporting data
w_member_social - Create, modify, and delete posts, comments, and reactions on your behalf
r_ads - Retrieve your advertising accounts
r_emailaddress - Use the primary email address associated with your LinkedIn account
w_organization_social - Create, modify, and delete posts, comments, and reactions on your organization's behalf
rw_ads - Manage your advertising accounts
r_basicprofile - Use your basic profile including your name, photo, headline, and public profile URL
r_organization_admin - Retrieve your organization's pages and their reporting data (including follower, visitor and content analytics)
email - Use the primary email address associated with your LinkedIn account
r_1st_connections_size - Retrieve the number of 1st-degree connections within your network

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock