• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

Is there is a way to update all WordPress plugins or manage to upload the new plugins once to update all?

mbd

Mar 16, 2021
Is there is a way to update all WordPress plugins or manage to upload the new plugins once to update all?

Used before Multi Plugin Installer but you will have to upload to ftp server and take the link in order to use it on many website this way I was upload plugins once, but if there is a way to patch all websites at once it will be great if I could upload it once and it will patch other websites as well.

if you scroll through the post, there's one i posted with the fix.

If you have valid licenses you can use MainWP to update all websites in one place. If you only use nulled plugins forget about. Also that question was already posted here so do a search before posting something ;)
Maybe a tool like this as well,
No, I didn't see the post you are referring to.

You could use something like managewp, but that just manages plugins on a per-site basis. If you want to do it all at once, I recommend you look into the built in multisite functionality. You would get 1 master site, and then each multi site below that (each separate site) would be us the master site's repository. Once you update the master plugins all of the child sites will be updated.

Larger companies will use this multisite when they have several subsites, it could also be used for multi language sites. The local university I do website work for uses multisite to manage all of their various college sites and misc sites.

If you have valid licenses you can use MainWP to update all websites in one place. If you only use nulled plugins forget about. Also that question was already posted here so do a search before posting something ;)
Thats not true. I use MainWP to manage my sites, and i just upload the zip to Mainwp and install it on all the sites. I LOVE mainwp

Used before Multi Plugin Installer but you will have to upload to ftp server and take the link in order to use it on many website this way I was upload plugins once, but if there is a way to patch all websites at once it will be great if I could upload it once and it will patch other websites as well.
MainWP is the best imo.. You can manage so much with it 1670365894926.png

You could use something like managewp, but that just manages plugins on a per-site basis. If you want to do it all at once, I recommend you look into the built in multisite functionality. You would get 1 master site, and then each multi site below that (each separate site) would be us the master site's repository. Once you update the master plugins all of the child sites will be updated.

Larger companies will use this multisite when they have several subsites, it could also be used for multi language sites. The local university I do website work for uses multisite to manage all of their various college sites and misc sites.

Honestly, this is not a really good option unless you are doing one type of site and they all use the same plugins. but its going to make your site really heavy, and unless you are using a really good server, I wouldn't do it (I did this route in the past it was not fun) I am using a cloud server with really good specs once i got over 10 sites i really felt the pain and if you are doing a site fore a cleaning company and a ecommerce site the plug ins you are going to be using are really different., you will end up with 50+ plug ins installed in no time

Honestly, this is not a really good option unless you are doing one type of site and they all use the same plugins. but its going to make your site really heavy, and unless you are using a really good server, I wouldn't do it (I did this route in the past it was not fun) I am using a cloud server with really good specs once i got over 10 sites i really felt the pain and if you are doing a site fore a cleaning company and a ecommerce site the plug ins you are going to be using are really different., you will end up with 50+ plug ins installed in no time
This can be a great solution even if the sites use different plugins. but yes, you would need a nice server/infrastructure to make this work good. Also remember that with a multisite you don't need to install 50 plugins, they would be available in the master site, but the sub sites would only install the plugin(s) they need.
https://wsu.edu is running on a gigantic multisite with hundreds of sites on their network for all of their university colleges, sports, activities, programs, and so on.
Wordpress.com is also a gigantic multisite.
It's not for everyone, but for the companies that need it for one reason or another it can be a great solution. It's definitely not for someone running a $5 shared hosting plan lol

Reactions: BigRed
This can be a great solution even if the sites use different plugins. but yes, you would need a nice server/infrastructure to make this work good. Also remember that with a multisite you don't need to install 50 plugins, they would be available in the master site, but the sub sites would only install the plugin(s) they need.
https://wsu.edu is running on a gigantic multisite with hundreds of sites on their network for all of their university colleges, sports, activities, programs, and so on.
Wordpress.com is also a gigantic multisite.
It's not for everyone, but for the companies that need it for one reason or another it can be a great solution. It's definitely not for someone running a $5 shared hosting plan lol
I concur with that. To be completely honest, I have a client I'm working with right now, and when she franchises, we'll probably submit a multi-site application. I suppose what I'm trying to say is that I wouldn't do it if I was managing the websites for my clients. However, for some clients, I may create a multisite for them. Personally, I don't like the idea of them all sharing a database and things being extremely slow on something like a shared or basic cloud or vps server.

I concur with that. To be completely honest, I have a client I'm working with right now, and when she franchises, we'll probably submit a multi-site application. I suppose what I'm trying to say is that I wouldn't do it if I was managing the websites for my clients. However, for some clients, I may create a multisite for them. Personally, I don't like the idea of them all sharing a database and things being extremely slow on something like a shared or basic cloud or vps server.
That's true.. but then again if a company is expanding that much where they actually need a multisite, they should have no issue spending a $100-300+ a month on a nice server. If sites are getting that much traffic then a multisite setup probably wouldn't be the bottleneck. You should worry more about the server setup, caching, CDN, and so on

My point was to update the plugins automatically and not by uploading them. You can easily do that by ftp no extra plugin + extensions needed ;)
You have to upload the files through FTP.. in fact, uploading via FTP is probably the slowest way because you have to upload every single file. A faster way if you want to use FTP is to upload the zip file and then use SSH or your hosting file manager to unzip it

If you want a good way to programmatically upload/manage plugins, I recommend you check out http://tgmpluginactivation.com/ which will let you manage and install plugins from code. It's a great way to manage plugins especially when setting up new sites or working between multiple installations or a dev/staging site. It lets you install plugins from the WP repo, local files, external URLs, and github.

You can also manage plugins through SSH using WPCLI, although I recommend TGM more

I do this daily on my server using cron.
Pick one main wordpress plugins source that will be used as the souce, you just need to update your plugins here.
Then updating plugins for 20+ sites at once by using bash script with rm & cp commands in it if those sites are on the same server, or ftp/sftp command if it's on different server.

I do this daily on my server using cron.
Pick one main wordpress plugins source that will be used as the souce, you just need to update your plugins here.
Then updating plugins for 20+ sites at once by using bash script with rm & cp commands in it if those sites are on the same server, or ftp/sftp command if it's on different server.
You should check out rsync. If you have the updated plugin on sitea.com you can do something like
rsync -auP --delete sitea.com/plugins/a-plugin/ siteb.com/plugins/a-plugin/
or if its on another server you can do
Code:
rsync -auP --delete sitea.com/plugins/a-plugin/ [email protected]:/path/to/siteb.com/plugins/a-plugin/
this will copy the files from the source to the destination. the --delete will delete any files not in the destination that is in the source. You can run this manually or with cron, and between servers. ftp/sftp is going to be pretty slow, rsync way faster. What's nice about rsync is that with this command it will only send files that are not the same as the source, so if only 5 files changed it will only send those 5 files and not the entire directory

Last edited:
Reactions: PurplePanda
You should check out rsync. If you have the updated plugin on sitea.com you can do something like
rsync -auP --delete sitea.com/plugins/a-plugin/ siteb.com/plugins/a-plugin/
or if its on another server you can do
Code:
rsync -auP --delete sitea.com/plugins/a-plugin/ [email protected]:/path/to/siteb.com/plugins/a-plugin/
this will copy the files from the source to the destination. the --delete will delete any files not in the destination that is in the source. You can run this manually or with cron, and between servers. ftp/sftp is going to be pretty slow, rsync way faster. What's nice about rsync is that with this command it will only send files that are not the same as the source, so if only 5 files changed it will only send those 5 files and not the entire directory
Yes of course rsync will do way faster than ftp/sftp. I used rsync before to spread site's files to several server locations to make it work like cdn (with database replication too) and it works great.
Right now, I only have sites on the same server, but hey thank you for reminding me of rsync. Surely will use this method if I have sites on different server.

Reactions: abda53
Yes of course rsync will do way faster than ftp/sftp. I used rsync before to spread site's files to several server locations to make it work like cdn (with database replication too) and it works great.
Right now, I only have sites on the same server, but hey thank you for reminding me of rsync. Surely will use this method if I have sites on different server.
no problem! It makes copying files (like plugins) or site backups super fast. plus you don't have to deal with doing a delete and cp, and it only transfers the files that are needed.

Good luck!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock