• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

wpForo WordPress Forum Plugin Premium Addons

wpForo WordPress Forum Plugin Premium Addons Wpforo addon update 05.03.24

No permission to download
Our project Switched From Wpforo to bbpress + buddypress. We did a manual migration. I personaly think wpforo is a good plugin, but bbpress is more well integrated with what we need.
I have personally tested buddypress and bbpress and I think I don't like them at all (usability and structure). Too similar to social networks and most of the interesting plugins/features conflict with each other.
But I agree with you in part wpforo is overrated. The phpbb is much better for speed and functionality that can be added and above all security.

Apologies if this has been answered already.

Does the plugin also support the XenForo 2 themes? Like UI.X2, Carbon and Uniform?

Apologies if this has been answered already.

Does the plugin also support the XenForo 2 themes? Like UI.X2, Carbon and Uniform?
wpforo is just a Wordpress plugin based forum system. It's not connected to XenForo.

The wpforo-topic-prefix-3.2.2 plugin has been updated to wpforo-topic-prefix-3.2.4

Hey I thought no one used wpforo anymore. No one replies to comments or questions, no one who appreciates the availability of those who make resources available. Anyway, I'm attaching what you asked for below.

Attachments

• wpforo-topic-prefix-3.2.4.zip
    87.3 KB · Views: 17
Hey I thought no one used wpforo anymore. No one replies to comments or questions, no one who appreciates the availability of those who make resources available. Anyway, I'm attaching what you asked for below.

I have been using wpforo :) amazing plugin by far the best !

update wpForo Embeds 3.0.7

Reactions: pcnet
I don't use it, but thank you for sharing it with the community.

I was looking for a WordPress forum theme but was not sure where to turn anymore. Years ago, WPforo was a choice, but I didn't go with it. I got a theme called Forum, and then I got Forumaster, both with developers' drama who abandoned their themes.

I saw AMA on TForest, and I don't know if it's any good. Unfortunately, your statement "WPforo is overrated" conflicts with @King Kong 's belief that "WPforo is an amazing plugin by far the best." Thank you both for making me more confused about my choices.:ROFLMAO:

I don't know how to use PHPBB, and I felt WP would have plugins that could enhance my site.

Last edited:
I don't use it, but thank you for sharing it with the community.

I was looking for a WordPress forum theme but was not sure where to turn anymore. Years ago, WPforo was a choice, but I didn't go with it. I got a theme called Forum, and then I got Forumaster, both with developers' drama who abandoned their themes.

I saw AMA on TForest, and I don't know if it's any good. Unfortunately, your statement "WPforo is overrated" conflicts with @King Kong 's belief that "WPforo is an amazing plugin by far the best." Thank you both for making me more confused about my choices.:ROFLMAO:

I don't know how to use PHPBB, and I felt WP would have plugins that could enhance my site.
Hi @WhiteFluffyPuppy, nice to meet you!
I personally started with phpbb many years ago when social networks didn't exist yet.. or rather the only known one was myspace. At the time, there were tons of guides and tons of mods available to do just about anything with it. Really flexible, quite safe (from an information security point of view), extremely fast in loading and in page reactivity. But it also has flaws.. Installation, updates and modifications were all difficult operations that really took a lot of time, because they had to be done manually. If you had many changes every time it was a disaster.. you must really like programming and you must have enough time to get lost in it. Or you need to know enough about php and mysql.
Below I link the forum of a friend who maintains his forum in phpbb and who makes available (download) his theme modified by him which does not follow the dictates of phpbb.com. Pay attention to the site's reaction speed. Ah! I forgot! Free assistance.
Wpforo unlike phpbb is slower because it is richer in ajax features that allow a better user experience, but it needs to be optimized. It is not possible to customize it as you could do with phpbb, unless you do like me who directly edited the code. Many features that are present in phpbb for free (for example private messages) are paid in wpforo. The security of wpforo is not remotely comparable to that of phpbb. The good news is that the updates are done from the control panel and not with the code, once you install it the settings to look at are not so many and therefore start first, run automatic backups and add other features, using other plugins it is substantially fast and in case of error or malfunction it is quite simple to retrace your steps and solve it quickly. I switched to wpforo for 2 reasons: laziness and because it annoyed me not being able to add real-time notifications in the forum or the resulting immediacy which was the strong point of social networks (this function with phpbb does not c 'was at the time, I don't know now). If you want to take a look at my forum, contact me privately ;)

In case you're interested, I've written guides for:

- Add user statistics in the footer
Immagine1.png

- Pop-up preview last post in index
Immagine2.png

- Viewing user Reputation Points
Immagine3.png

- Add custom images next to the category title
- Add functionality to wpforo's TinyMCE editor
- Add Open/Close toggle function in categories

Immagine4.png

- Highlighting data posts in index
- Added avatar to the last subscribed member in the footer
- Highlighting number of posts and topics in index
- Added icons to "registered and last connected" in user profile
- Custom icons in user profile

Immagine5.png

- Title customization with glowing hover effect

I want to clarify that it's not entirely my bag (and in any case you can always find the link to the source in the first post), but if nothing else I explain the novice-proof steps.

Reactions: Wick22
In case you're interested, I've written guides for:

- Add user statistics in the footer
Immagine1.png

- Pop-up preview last post in index
Immagine2.png

- Viewing user Reputation Points
Immagine3.png

- Add custom images next to the category title
- Add functionality to wpforo's TinyMCE editor
- Add Open/Close toggle function in categories

Immagine4.png

- Highlighting data posts in index
- Added avatar to the last subscribed member in the footer
- Highlighting number of posts and topics in index
- Added icons to "registered and last connected" in user profile
- Custom icons in user profile

Immagine5.png

- Title customization with glowing hover effect

I want to clarify that it's not entirely my bag (and in any case you can always find the link to the source in the first post), but if nothing else I explain the novice-proof steps.
Thank you for your last two posts. It's very thoughtful and much appreciated. It's also overwhelming. :eek:

Oh Lord! Where do I go from here? :)

I learned my left and right brain hemispheres are currently holding a meeting about whether they should leave me and find a new head to work with because I sent conflicting signals saying:

Okay guys! We go with Xenforo, and the next thing they hear is, Scratch that, it's wpforo.

Oops! I'm sorry guys, we'll be going with phpbb; because @Shadow Man said, "wpforo is overrated, and that phpbb is much better for speed and functionality and above all security." Let's go back to phpbb!

So at this stage, I'm not sure what they'll do if I tell them it's wpforo or nothing.:ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: Shadow Man
Thank you for your last two posts. It's very thoughtful and much appreciated. It's also overwhelming. :eek:

Oh Lord! Where do I go from here? :)

I learned my left and right brain hemispheres are currently holding a meeting about whether they should leave me and find a new head to work with because I sent conflicting signals saying:

Okay guys! We go with Xenforo, and the next thing they hear is, Scratch that, it's wpforo.

Oops! I'm sorry guys, we'll be going with phpbb; because @Shadow Man said, "wpforo is overrated, and that phpbb is much better for speed and functionality and above all security." Let's go back to phpbb!

So at this stage, I'm not sure what they'll do if I tell them it's wpforo or nothing.:ROFLMAO:
You could just make a clone of your current forum, pass it to wpforo on a parallel domain and experiment. If you have a lot of traffic, I don't know how wpforo behaves.. now I don't have much traffic on mine to be able to give you some precise indications.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock