• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

Wordpress Backup Discussion ( Experts )

simplysexyboy

Trusted Uploader
Oct 24, 2020
U.S.A
Hi Folks,

Alrighty, let's talk about WordPress backup.

Are you backing up your Data from your server-side or web side??

Are you snaping your server daily basis? What cloud provider are you using? Why your choice? How much do you pay for it? What is hardware? Do any features want to tell?

What is plugin are you using for WordPress webside backing up? Any extension are you using to send your backup to the cloud provider?

I currently have all my site link to my own web services which backup every day to amazon encrypted s3 storage currently using the updraft plugin

Reactions: lewyathan
I currently have all my site link to my own web services which backup every day to amazon encrypted s3 storage currently using the updraft plugin
Is it really worth damaging your audience?
Running PHP script backend could make a turtle website :)

Check out here, I just tested web side updraft back up, using how much CPU hitting PHP FPM
Capture.JPG

This server on AMZ 1vCPU 2GB Ram, Only installed Nginx, Php FPM, Redis , MariaDB Firewall and sam bash scripts. Ubuntu 20

No garnish PHPmyadmin or anything unnecessary like the control panel.

1 Website.... Woocommerce.

Sucking CPU %80 Over.

Why backing up from the web level instead of server-level snapping?

Is it really worth damaging your audience?
Running PHP script backend could make a turtle website :)

Check out here, I just tested web side updraft back up, using how much CPU hitting PHP FPM
Capture.JPG

This server on AMZ 1vCPU 2GB Ram, Only installed Nginx, Php FPM, Redis , MariaDB Firewall and sam bash scripts. Ubuntu 20

No garnish PHPmyadmin or anything unnecessary like the control panel.

1 Website.... Woocommerce.

Sucking CPU %80 Over.

Why backing up from the web level instead of server-level snapping?
Good optimization and good server setup you wont have problem our service has been active since 2015 and it does Backup daily to over 25 big e-commerce and blog website so far didn't have any issue aslontry duplicator pro its a good one too

Good optimization and good server setup you wont have problem our service has been active since 2015 and it does Backup daily to over 25 big e-commerce and blog website so far didn't have any issue aslontry duplicator pro its a good one too

What is your server configuration and hardware ? installed software? how many web site located?

@simplysexyboy I'm using UpdraftPlus on a toy website.
It works surprisingly well (by the way with incremental backup it shouldn't take that much resources).
The big plus of this solution is agility: you won't mess with your server backup setup each time you want to setup a toy website / prototype.

Of course this is a toy website. For anything serious, I would backup using something along the line of Restic to backup to an S3 compatible cloud bucket.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock