• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

Vote for Favorite Domain Registrar

Who is your favourite domain registrar?

• Google

• Godaddy

• Namecheap

• Namesilo

• Name.com

• Dynadot

• Porkbun

• Cloudflare

• Epik

• EasyDns

Results are only viewable after voting.
Although I started seriously with GoDaddy like 15 years ago because they offered superb offers' year by year, they ended those offered and I moved to NameCheap, that was the "Cheap" as the name indicates, back in the day (10yr+ ago). But then they became NameExpensive, so I moved to NameSilo because they were not super-cheap but very stable in prices. But out of the blue, in the past 2-3 years they have started rising the prices like mad, so now I'm moving to Porkbun.

This seems cyclic, every 5 years a new contender comes into the ring.

For me, the most important thing are stable prices at good rates, not necessarily the cheapest rates, but slightly under the average if possible.

Namecheap used to be too good but they have raised the renewal prices on some tlds

Porkbun good for now with no hidden fees

Previously used Godaddy only for promo grabbing not recommended now since it will takes entire wallet on renewal ;)

Reactions: DatDudeUpStairs
I had using GoDaddy in the past. But renewal price is the worst. $35 for one domain. No matter what. I moved to Namecheap. But it's not that cheap as you'd think.
Now I'm using is Porkbun for all my domains (more than 24 in my account) and it's my favorite. No extra charges year to year. It has stable price. I think i will stay long there, of course. So yeah, Porkbun

Porkbun for sure,It always has great deals, and there are no hidden fees.
Plus, they've amazing black Friday deals and other deals throughout the year.
Namecheap once upon a time had great deals but not anymore.

Reactions: TheRyD3r and vinu
I'm transferring all my domains to Cloudflare now when renewal comes. For initial 1st year registration I'm going with cheapest register in the market. For client's domains I choose Godaddy coz they provide good tools to manage clients in GoDaddy pro.

what Godaddy??? i have serious bad experience from them zzzzz

No body stated SiteGround? So far for me is not bad, Good host and important support always there they know their stuffs.

I've used google for price advantage ($3-4) and included "privacy information" for free. But yesterday I was register 3 domains and their price was regular domain price (about $9).

Reactions: vinu
I have found porkbun to offer great pricing. Why is namecheap getting member votes? Do they offer better pricing and value than Porkbun?
I usually use https://www.domcomp.com/ to compare pricing but not sure how updated is their pricing for different providers.
I always tend to find the renewal prices to be very high as compared to the initial purchase price.
Price is my only factor while purchasing the domains since factors like support and performance are not relevant for domains, they are a set and forget kind of a thing.

Namecheap Pros:
  • Hosting/VPN deals are amazingly cheap ($8/yr for a VPN wtf!)
  • Domain promotions keep prices on par with other registrars normal prices
  • Great chat-based domain/hosting customer support
  • Free whois privacy
Namecheap Cons:
  • domain renewal pricing has been increasing
  • no phone support
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Dynadot Pros:
  • domain prices are always very close to the cheapest you can find
  • domain transfer promotions are very cheap (usually once every other month)
  • Good chat-based customer support
  • Simple and easy to understand UI
  • Company existed for many years
  • Free whois privacy
Dynadot Cons:
  • Chat support is routinely "not available"
  • No phone support
  • It costs $25 to refund money "stored" on your account (most people don't require this tho)

Namecheap was great for domains but they've been increasing prices steadily over the years so now I use Dynadot. Namecheap customer support is amazing though so if you stick with Namecheap I completely understand why. Also f#ck GoDaddy 💩

Last edited:
Reactions: vinu

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adamben13
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock