• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

Selling copyrighted software online?

Feb 1, 2020
Hey guys.

Basically I am planning to sell a software which is in a specific nieche, which is not cracked (just running in VM with a valid license). How would you accept online payments for this and to hide yourself as best as possible? Has anyone had any experience with these kind of stuff?

Thanks.

Just remove all callbacks to the authors site. Also make sure to change up references like meta tags- and description to prevent it from showing up on Google for the same search terms.

As for payments, maybe even PayPal would work? Or paddle, something like that. Doesn't have to be anything crazy like crypto, etc. Maybe someone else can chip in here?

Reactions: the.web.devil
Thats the thing - I can't rank in google and no one will hear about me if I don't use their name actually. They don't provide it to anyone except authorized installers, but I have it running in a VM for years now with valid license. Many people want to have it as well and have sold it many times offline, but the more I think about it - the more I see the potential customer base in it.

You can reword their branding, and over time Google will automatically figure out that the products are related or similar. But then you have to make a choice;

a ) do you want to take the risk and see if you can snatch some customers from the original company by offering their product for a fraction of the cost. Guaranteed and easy profit.
-- Rebrand and reword references and slogans. Use "FooBar Product Alternative", etc, in meta tags/description/backlinks. Write a good PR article and use TheBestSpinner. Maybe there is a better tool now, but this software was the sh** back in the day when I did SEO. All in!

2 ) be lowkey and go under the radar by only offering your service on forums like blackhatworld.com, bestblackhatforum.com, etc. Use .htaccess authentication. Or robots.txt to prevent google from picking up and indexing your site.

The main question is what is the risk vs reward? If/when the company finds out they may disable/ban your license, find some exploit only they know about and destroy your site, or sue you.
There is a difference between selling open source content vs selling copyrighted content. In the US at least you could get up to 5 years in jail for selling copyrighted material, plus fines. If the software is that niche, I'm assuming it wouldn't be super hard for them to figure out who you are

@wizzyto

To be honest, if you don't know what you're doing, just don't do it. Selling copyright stuff can get you in a lot of trouble: ddos, suits, suspensions, DMCA warnings, and so on. You will need to spend a lot of money, especially on offshore hosting. Cryptos will be used for payment. So, as a suggestion, it won't be beneficial for you.

The simplest solution is to start a forum using open-source software. or a blog with some useful free software.

It's your choice; if you have the time and money, then good luck.

I think you want to sell the copyrighted software which you have access given by company or you got from authorized installer/technician

most of these software are given to institutional sellers / technicians

consider if they have a system to check how many sale/license made by authorized person or how many user are live and paying, you will end getting caught

its too risky its not recommended to do such things

Thanks to everyone who responded. I'll get the idea out of my head for now.
Do you suggest any name from your list that you want to sell (Copyrighted)? I want to suggest a few thing but curious to know what is the level of software branding.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dailyfans
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock