• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

need suggestion for woocommerce site with 5000 products

urshobhit

Apr 23, 2019
Hi Guys,

i need suggestions to manage my host woocommerce site with 5000 products, currently i am using cyberpanel on 4 cpu server with 16gb ram but the cpu usage is reaching 500% for unknown reasons, please suggest which panel should i use to host my website and what's the ideal hosting specs ? daily visits are only 1000 a day.

Hi Guys,

i need suggestions to manage my host woocommerce site with 5000 products, currently i am using cyberpanel on 4 cpu server with 16gb ram but the cpu usage is reaching 500% for unknown reasons, please suggest which panel should i use to host my website and what's the ideal hosting specs ? daily visits are only 1000 a day.
Make a system check and see what's using CPU the most. Then tweak cache and service settings.
Though I believe is because of sql queries I would suggest you to tweak your db setting for high traffic.

tried optimizing everything, but was unable to figure out what was causing the CPU spikes, the spikes are pretty random though the reason is MySQL queries only when the spikes happen multiple null queries get shown up in-process list.

tried optimizing everything, but was unable to figure out what was causing the CPU spikes, the spikes are pretty random though the reason is MySQL queries only when the spikes happen multiple null queries get shown up in-process list.
Have you checked the WA value output by the top command is normal?

Hi there,

It seems like there might be an issue with your website setup. I've run a similar Woocommerce website with 18K products on a server with similar specs to yours, and I didn't encounter any performance issues. I suggest checking the database engine you're using and setting up DNS with Cloudflare. Additionally, it would be beneficial to check your PHP settings and test your website's template and installed plugins. Before migrating to a new server, I recommend performing a step-by-step check of everything to identify and resolve any issues. However, I don't have all the information about your situation, so these are just suggestions.

P.S.

just in case
stop search crawlers from crawling your search results pages. By default, WordPress uses the query parameter “?s=”. So to block access, all you need to do is add the following rule:

User-agent: *
Disallow: /?s=
Disallow: /search/

Hi there,

It seems like there might be an issue with your website setup. I've run a similar Woocommerce website with 18K products on a server with similar specs to yours, and I didn't encounter any performance issues. I suggest checking the database engine you're using and setting up DNS with Cloudflare. Additionally, it would be beneficial to check your PHP settings and test your website's template and installed plugins. Before migrating to a new server, I recommend performing a step-by-step check of everything to identify and resolve any issues. However, I don't have all the information about your situation, so these are just suggestions.
the database engine is MariaDB, which control panel and vps are you using? what should I check in php settings ? if you have time can you check on anydesk, what's the issue is my configuration ?

Have you checked the WA value output by the top command is normal?
wa value is 0.2 when there is no spike, didn't notice it at the time of cpu spike.

see the screenshot of processlist at the time of spike

Attachments

• phpMyAdmin-5-1-3.png
    phpMyAdmin-5-1-3.png
    415.7 KB · Views: 30
P.S.

just in case
stop search crawlers from crawling your search results pages. By default, WordPress uses the query parameter “?s=”. So to block access, all you need to do is add the following rule:

User-agent: *
Disallow: /?s=
Disallow: /search/
hi; I suggest you to list all recommendation setting

see the screenshot of processlist at the time of spike
top few processes running in the background are not causing any issues and are simply waiting(InnoDB purge coordinator,etc ) . The sleep processes, while not the reason for the high CPU usage, are a result of the high CPU usage. To address this, I suggest checking the MariaDB documentation and testing settings for the maximum allowed size query, query cache limit, query cache size, and the maximum allowed query time. Starting with a simple woocomerce template would be helpful to observe any changes. Additionally, indexing the database, setting PHP memory limits, and checking the compression (gzip) settings could be beneficial as well. In case someone is sending many queries to your IP, setting DNS with Cloudflare might be useful. Although there could be numerous scenarios, a simple connection to your server by me won't help. Unfortunately, it requires a step-by-step approach. However, I might be wrong, and it's possible that the server is too weak, but it's hard to believe that this is the case.

I witnessed something similar many years ago when I was using an outdated version of WordPress and a poorly coded plugin. The plugin was sending queries to the database incorrectly instead of "calling" it correctly. However, it's hard to believe that such a problem still exists in this day and age.

Reactions: urshobhit
just setup DNS with Cloudflare let see if this resolves the issue, can you tell me which server , stack/control panel you are using for your website ?

Reactions: mohiko
hi; I suggest you to list all recommendation setting
If I were to recommend settings, it may worsen the situation. There are too many variables to consider(database and table sizes, and what's running in the background,) so I can only suggest minor adjustments. However, it's important for the user to monitor what's happening themselves. They're the only ones who can check, test, and make changes as necessary. Many people believe that there's a quick fix solution, but unfortunately, that's not the case. I still think that there could be an issue with the template, plugin, or possibly someone sending malicious queries from a TOR network. Nowadays, anyone can easily download a script and attack a website just for fun. Alternatively, someone could be using a crawler to scrape prices and descriptions by sending search queries.

just setup DNS with Cloudflare let see if this resolves the issue, can you tell me which server , stack/control panel you are using for your website ?
MariaDB is installed on CentOS 7 with Plesk, but it's not used very frequently. It does help to speed up some processes, but when issues arise, the using
SSH and PHP MyAdmin. Plesk comes in handy for quickly checking logs and identifying errors that are immediately visible.

few sugestion from old man , block all access to ssh ,ftp etc to server , hide ip by using cloudflare , use external email provider by api (goole) , if you can change IP address after connect to cloudflare , bve sure database can be called only internaly by woocomerce ,no external access . that will help yopu sleep well :)

thanks a lot for your suggestions, will try to implement all of them, please also tell me which web host/server are you using. i am also looking to change the webhost and is contabo a good choice ?

thanks a lot for your suggestions, will try to implement all of them, please also tell me which web host/server are you using. i am also looking to change the webhost and is contabo a good choice ?
this one looks nice for price
CLOUD VPS M

€10.49 / month with NVMe
but please ask for trial and migrate website for week or so , hard to tell if they give acess to all settings you will need , check if you have acess to php settings , if they have mariadb in latest version , unfortunately for plesk +9.99 , but thats german company so cutomer support must be good :) , im using fasthost but im with them milion years so i have good price , but belive there is many better companies now

Here is some recommendations have a try :
Here are some recommended settings:

1. PHP settings:
  • max_execution_time: 180
  • memory_limit: 2048M
  • max_input_vars: 5000
  1. OpenLiteSpeed settings:
  • Number of worker processes: 12
  • Number of threads per process: 25
  • Max connections: 2000
  • Connections per IP: 200
  1. Database settings:
  • innodb_buffer_pool_size: 8G
  • innodb_log_file_size: 2G
  • innodb_flush_log_at_trx_commit: 2
  1. Cache settings:
  • Use WP Rocket or W3 Total Cache to manage caching.
  • Use a CDN like Cloudflare or StackPath to distribute content.

Here is some recommendations have a try :
Here are some recommended settings:

1. PHP settings:
  • max_execution_time: 180
  • memory_limit: 2048M
  • max_input_vars: 5000
  1. OpenLiteSpeed settings:
  1. Database settings:
  • innodb_buffer_pool_size: 8G
  • innodb_log_file_size: 2G
  • innodb_flush_log_at_trx_commit: 2
  1. Cache settings:
  • Use WP Rocket or W3 Total Cache to manage caching.
  • Use a CDN like Cloudflare or StackPath to distribute content.
where to apply LiteSpeed settings? i am unable to find these setting in litespeed panel.

where to apply LiteSpeed settings? i am unable to find these setting in litespeed panel.
should be there cyberpanel menu >>> tuning > lightspeed tuning

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock