• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

How to repair a WordPress site that has unresolvable image asset paths?

JayBase

Babiato Lover
May 6, 2022
South Africa
Greetings Babiato Community,

I have a WordPress that was created by a 3rd party, they built it using full paths on a local machine with IIS. The fools added assets directly from their desktop and other silly places instead of putting all the assets into the relative root folder and then saving the change. After which they copied the assets from the various unresolvable locations and then dropped the assets into the relative root. Unfortunately they used more than one editor and various plugins so the source is not neatly wrapped up in one SQL table but distributed across many. So this defeats my ability of doing a table data drop, search replacing and then posting back to sort the issue. As you know the various edits also store the data in SQL differently so there isn't even a possibility of me doing a total db dumpand search replacement to fix the missing image paths in the site live display. Many empty image place holders.

Is there a plugin that you might know of that I could easily install and have it do the job for me? It is a multi page site and going through the entire site dump would take me at least two or more days of solid text editing to try and get the paths resolving.

If my post does not belong here, I apologize. This is my first forum post and I did read the rules.

Thank you for your consideration.

Jay

Thank you for the reply
But as said they used various editors and some of the paths have multiple dellimters, etc in the string.
So It doesnt work correctly to just do a search and replace for the whole url like you have suggested. Else thats what I would have already done.

Appreciate the input though.

I will give that plug a try.

Then you might have to go into MySQL and perform more complex search and replace functions, in multiple sweeps. Hope you have access to the DB to do so.

Reactions: JayBase
Thanks for the reply. Thats what I did do and even then it took me a while. Conditional search to bring up records by way of multiple key words so even if the string was broken up manually I could still see it and reference the record to change it. Couldn't trust a search and insert statement to do it all in one go. But hey hopefully the idiots learned not to go the way of cheap web dev and stick with reputable established companies who know their game.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock