• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

Help! My WordPress Site Was Hacked After Upgrading to 6.2 - How Can I Keep It Secure?

lunar

Banned User
May 7, 2022
my.hostvezel.com
Hello everyone,

I'm in desperate need of help. I recently upgraded my WordPress site to version 6.2, and immediately after the upgrade, my site was hacked. All of our Javascript files were attacked, and I'm not sure what to do.

I'm reaching out to the community for advice on how to keep my WordPress site secure. What measures do you take to prevent attacks on your website? Are there any plugins or tools you recommend using to enhance the security of a WordPress site?

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

I highly doubt it would have been Wordpress that caused the issue, likely passwords or unsecured plugin or themes.

To be honest most times you won't need a security plugin, however in the case that you do, ithemes or Wordfence works wonders. If you're really concerned run a physical key like Yubico as well. But, again keeping your site updated is your best defence as well as changing your passwords, might want to check if there's pre-existing malware on the site.

Reactions: lunar
Hello everyone,

I'm in desperate need of help. I recently upgraded my WordPress site to version 6.2, and immediately after the upgrade, my site was hacked. All of our Javascript files were attacked, and I'm not sure what to do.

I'm reaching out to the community for advice on how to keep my WordPress site secure. What measures do you take to prevent attacks on your website? Are there any plugins or tools you recommend using to enhance the security of a WordPress site?

Reactions: Majid051 and lunar
I highly doubt it would have been Wordpress that caused the issue, likely passwords or unsecured plugin or themes.

To be honest most times you won't need a security plugin, however in the case that you do, ithemes or Wordfence works wonders. If you're really concerned run a physical key like Yubico as well. But, again keeping your site updated is your best defence as well as changing your passwords, might want to check if there's pre-existing malware on the site.
I had wp file manager in the site and like 12 other plugins. How do I clean ndsw malware?

I had wp file manager in the site and like 12 other plugins. How do I clean ndsw malware?
Great, thanks for you help!
RS-SSL isn't really needed on modern hostings anymore, it used to be helpfull back in times where the majority of the website owners was still using HTTP protocol. IF you want to be sure about your SSL installation check your site here:

Regarding ndsw malware, you need to read up on this. Google search is your friend, here 2 links to get you started with:

Would be also a good idea to contact your hoster's support

Cheers & good luck

Last edited:
Hello everyone,

Hello, I can help.
Write in a personal. Give access to the server.
19 years of experience with WordPress.
Sincerely.

RS-SSL isn't really needed on modern hostings anymore, it used to be helpfull back in times where the majority of the website owners was still using HTTP protocol. IF you want to be sure about your SSL installation check your site here:

Regarding ndsw malware, you need to read up on this. Google search is your friend, here 2 links to get you started with:

Would be also a good idea to contact your hoster's support

Cheers & good luck
Thanks for these insightful articles, I have not succeded cleaning the malware. I host the files with AWS lightsail.

Thanks for these insightful articles, I have not succeded cleaning the malware. I host the files with AWS lightsail.
Then you can for sure accept the help offer from the forum guys, lots of skillful ones.

Is there a chance to get the Wordpress installation zipped, without wp-config.php or database, so we can analyze the malware and see what and how they did it?..if it's not too big and a not a hassle

Then you can for sure accept the help offer from the forum guys, lots of skillful ones.

Is there a chance to get the Wordpress installation zipped, without wp-config.php or database, so we can analyze the malware and see what and how they did it?..if it's not too big and a not a hassle
Yea, its posssible. Let me zip the files and upload.

This is easy, contact hosting system administrators or subscribe for malcare clean the site for you and recover the backup. they always keep backups.

Hello everyone,

You downloaded a nulled WordPress version

Analize your site files and see if there are files that are not suppossed to be there. I had only one wp. website hacked and it had the same file inside all folders. I created a new wordpress instalation with old database and saved only uploads folder and installed all plugins from a clean source, problem fixed.

I developed 70+ wordpress websites and from my experience here are some general steps to keep the wordpress secure.

1. Install only plugins you absolute need. Find plugins that can do multiple things that replace multiple ones that can do fewer.
2. You dont need a theme, use a reputable page builder with a basic theme or a theme builder.
3. Remove unused files and functionalities.
4. Change default wordpress login page.
5. Set lower user permisions for unexperienced users.
6. Update your wordpress, themes and plugins regulary.
7. Have a secure server with latest updates.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock