• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

Fluctuation in search results

roloi

Jan 6, 2021
Need some insights.

As the title says.. seeing ups and downs in my search results.
Got my sitemaps all set..
Got RM auto indexing..
Found a little python script and annoy the hell outta google with daily post update notifications ..
BUT..

a couple of weeks ago I did a simple search for my site by.. site:example.com
results 5400 ..

a couple of days later... same search
results 4620

2 days later..
results 5200

2 days later..
results 4200

2 days later..
results 6100

going up
going down
going up
going down

so we reach today
results 4150

search console indicates that the number of recognized and indexed pages are going up..
no penalty.
no indexing issues

the question is why do I see this fluctuation which is reflected in my ad network's documented impressions?
(but not in analytics)

note: this fluctuation is also noted when searching in incognito.. not as big, but its obvious.

noone??
today results are down to 3270.
Hi,
i i remember correctly, Site search analysis is the detailed examination of visitor search behavior on a website. Those behaviors include keyword and key-phrase searches, filter and facet selections, and search suggestion clicks.
As such the results of the analysis may vary based on visitor behaviors.

You may get more useful info on a google search about "site search data"

Would you mind posting the helpful python script, would be much appreciated

Regards!

Hi,
i i remember correctly, Site search analysis is the detailed examination of visitor search behavior on a website. Those behaviors include keyword and key-phrase searches, filter and facet selections, and search suggestion clicks.
As such the results of the analysis may vary based on visitor behaviors.

You may get more useful info on a google search about "site search data"

Would you mind posting the helpful python script, would be much appreciated

Regards!
Unless my understanding is wrong..
this isn't visitor related, its not about keyword performance nor seo. but has to do with indexing.

when you search for "site: " or "inurl: " you get site specific results..
If a site.. lets say babia.to has 500 pages indexed in search console.. you wont see more than 500 results when you perform these site specific searches.
In my case.. I have 5.5k indexed.. 4.8k "discovered- not currently indexed" and the results of the searches mentioned keep falling, which affect my site's performance in general.

script:
There are a lot of guides out there.. but for me this one was the best, simply because I don't know coding and the script was already made to be used.
www hbfreelance.com/how-to-use-google-indexing-api-to-submit-urls-in-bulk-using-python

• Love
Reactions: nesym
Thank you for the link!

Fluctuations in indexing are normal according to the PROs:
thanks for the vid..
unfortunately mine aren't minor
new site.. it was going good (in 10 days i hit 1.5k).. but now everything is going down for the last couple of days:

sear.png

thanks for the vid..
unfortunately mine aren't minor
new site.. it was going good (in 10 days i hit 1.5k).. but now everything is going down for the last couple of days:

sear.png
Indeed that IS a major drop, are there any technical issues maybe you haven't noticed? Tried to run the site through ScreamingFrog ?..just some thoughts..

SF gives no errors.. and the descent continues..
today down to 2540 pages recognized.

do you have any firewall or server config that rate limits or blocks the indexing bots after some time?
nothing that i configured.. i mean i dont know if this was applied when i installed something.. but my setup is simple.. rankmath, an inline post plugin, litecache and wp-automatic.

Thank you for the link!

Fluctuations in indexing are normal according to the PROs:

If you tried the python script.. stop using it!!!

Seems like its the culprit for whats going on with my total loss of impressions.

Currently, the Indexing API can only be used to crawl pages with either JobPosting or BroadcastEvent embedded in a VideoObject. For websites with many short-lived pages like job postings or livestream videos, the Indexing API keeps content fresh in search results because it allows updates to be pushed individually.
developers.google.com/search/apis/indexing-api/v3/quickstart

So since my site isn't a job posting/ livestream videos site that updates its articles daily... I got the original boost but then since the pages weren't "fresh" anymore.. they were just ignored.. hence the total drop.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock