• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

dreamhost renewal price for hosting up 5X...where to go?

cooltx75

Sep 3, 2019
My dreamhost shared hosting plan renews in 2 days but at 5 times the current price. I can’t say Ive been satisfied with the service either but I couldn’t leave until the 3 years were up. Where should I go instead?

Buy your own hardware and hire a system admin to set it up then enjoy the best hosting. I learned in 2008 and since then I run my own hosting on my own hardware and it’s been great. Server is managed by me and runs smoothly, been great for years.

Another solid alternative is cloud server + free control panel.
Im using digital ocean (linode and vultr also good) + cyberpanel

Very recommended.

Depends on your needs, if you are looking for a cheap solution you can use hostinger, if you are looking for even cheaper as @DJJigsaw said you can buy/rent own hardware/VPS and start hosting. In case you are looking for a top-of-the line hardware and support, I would recommend you mrgoodhost.com but it comes at cost.

Reactions: DJJigsaw
Buy your own hardware and hire a system admin to set it up then enjoy the best hosting. I learned in 2008 and since then I run my own hosting on my own hardware and it’s been great. Server is managed by me and runs smoothly, been great for years.
I would say that this is far beyond the ability of the vast majority of people, and even for those who have the technical ability to do so, it's not really feasible since the kind of bandwidth throughput and connectivity/peering you'll have in a professional grade data center obviously is far superior to residential or even 'business' internet service ISPs. Most crucially, depending on the ISP it might even be against the terms of service agreement to be hosting a website, that's if you are lucky enough to have a static IP address.

Plus, you have the additional overhead of hardware costs and maintenance which is certainly not insignificant. The only time I could possibly recommend someone goes this route is if they are dead-set on doing it as an educational thing to learn how hosting works and how to properly administer a self-hosted server, etc. In that case I would say to do it on some kind of really low-end hardware like a single board computer or an old office PC or similar.

As far as where to go - for the OP - depends really on how comfortable you are with running a VPS or having a hosting environment that is set up for you. Personally I think that most people would actually do better with having a reseller hosting package or a shared hosting package even, on a super powerful server that's being run by a competent hosting company with dedicated staff, security people, etc. than trying to set up your own hosting environment on a VPS.

For example, the performance speeds and security, etc. will be much faster and stable on a server that, while shared, would have several hundred GB of RAM, the latest high-end CPUs, 10 or 100 gigabit networking cards and so on, versus trying to worry about properly configuring ubuntu or debian or whatever on a shared virtual CPU with 1-2 GB of shared RAM using hetzner or vultr or digitalocean or any other of a million hosts.

I've already said way too much here, but these posts come up quite often in this subforum so I figured I might as well elaborate because I can point to this post in the future when someone else asks something similar.

I would take a look at the offers posted on a site like https://lowendtalk.com (which is the forum version of https://lowendbox.com) -- I have been sourcing my hosting deals there for several years now and it's been great if you know what to look for and what to avoid. Some of the companies that I have used through there (who have amazingly cheap deals) which have been great have been: BuyVM .net / RackNerd .com / AdvinServers .com . I got a cPanel/WHM reseller's package with 40 cPanel accounts/add-on domains, I think it was 200 GB of NVME storage, 4 TB a month of transfer, whitelabeled DNS IPs, softaculous, backups, a lot of stuff and I only pay I think it's 33 bucks a year which is insanely cheap if you know anything about how expensive cPanel hosting is nowadays.

For me, I use static websites and host them for free on GitHub, Netlify, and any website that support free static website hosting. so you would only need to pay for your registration and renewal domain names.

You can check out static websites frameworks like https://gohugo.io/, https://jekyllrb.com/ if you know coding. If you want no-code, you can use Wordpress as usual, and then export your site with the HTML, CSS, JS files and upload them to GitHub, Netlify, etc

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock