• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

DIVI 5 TOTALLY REWRITTEN

Dnova

Nov 25, 2022

DIVI 5 HAS BEEN TOTALLY REWRITTEN BOTH THE FRONTEND AND BACKEND PART, USING A NEW STORAGE FORMA FOR DATA SAVING, NO MOPRE SHORTCODE, WILL BECOME ONE OF THE FASTEST PAGEBUILDER

it is TOTALLY NEW

Last edited:
But if you haven't even seen it yet, it's unprofessional to judge something without thorough proof.
Which one would you recommend?
Divi doesn't use a class first workflow. That is the biggest issue. A page builder that doesn't even have a div element which is intrinsic with web development. Div + Classes. Divi competes with Elementor, Beaver Builder, it doesn't compete with Bricks Builder which does have a professional workflow.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3xploit
Yes I agree, it's not a html editor, I need it for clients and to allow them to make easy edits, they wouldn't be able to with bricks.
As for me in Divi I only use the code module where I put html css and javascript since I've been programming well for 25 years.

Yes I agree, it's not a html editor, I need it for clients and to allow them to make easy edits, they wouldn't be able to with bricks.
As for me in Divi I only use the code module where I put html css and javascript since I've been programming well for 25 years.
Bricks would fit your workflow better. I use Advanced custom fields Pro to create custom post types and custom fields and query the dynamic data on the front-end. This provides many benefits, amongst them, easy back-end editing. Although, through maintenance plans, I manage the entire site. The customer has the keys to the back-end but doesn't enter, and through bricks, I could provide a controlled limited editing experience if desired.

Last edited:
Reactions: Saint Gabriel
Bricks would fit your workflow better. I use Advanced custom fields Pro to create custom post types and custom fields and query the dynamic data on the front-end. This provides many benefits, amongst them, easy back-end editing. Although, through maintenance plans, I manage the entire site. The customer has the keys to the back-end but doesn't enter, and through bricks, I could provide a controlled limited editing experience if desired.
They are very different. In my case DIVI is better because I have thousands of clients who are inexperienced, and sometimes they want to modify some text, photos, colors.
Bricks seems like an advanced editor that follows a professional workflow.
But for my clients only things like Elementor or DIVI are suitable.
I don't think there is a perfect page builder for every need.
What I didn't like about DIVI was the extreme slowness, but now it seems to be improved with version 5. Also the panels seem to have become contextual, like Nicepage, which will also speed it up in use.
I don't know if they will add grid or flex layouts. If I need them I implement them as code in a few seconds, but I understand for an average user it would be a shortcoming.
In any case it will be backwards compatible and having thousands of sites, the update will transform the old shortcodes into the new format (which I've seen is identical to Elementor) automatically.
Over these years DIVI has never given me compatibility issues.

DIVI 5 HAS BEEN TOTALLY REWRITTEN BOTH THE FRONTEND AND BACKEND PART, USING A NEW STORAGE FORMA FOR DATA SAVING, NO MOPRE SHORTCODE, WILL BECOME ONE OF THE FASTEST PAGEBUILDER

it is TOTALLY NEW

Do you have access to a beta you can chare?

Do you have access to a beta you can chare?
No I don't own it, but the public alpha version will be released in a couple months, and it will be suitable for making sites or updating many old ones, they have been working on it for over a year and a half.

They have rewritten the whole backend and frontend.
It' totally new

With Divi 5 they won't introduce new features, only a huge update on speed and interface, and the way it saves data (similar to Gutenberg and Elementor).

If you see the video the interface is extremely interesting because clicking on a module alongside changes the panel making it very fast to get inside, it seems like how Nicepage works.

Divi 5 will stay for a little while because they will soon release 6 with new features and modules. Divi 5 is the foundation for the future of Divi for the coming years.

I'm linking 2 interesting videos but they are very old, they are on the dev alpha so very outdated, they are interesting because they show how it saves data through revisions and how fast it is with core vitals.

No I don't own it, but the public alpha version will be released in a couple months, and it will be suitable for making sites or updating many old ones, they have been working on it for over a year and a half.

They have rewritten the whole backend and frontend.
It' totally new

With Divi 5 they won't introduce new features, only a huge update on speed and interface, and the way it saves data (similar to Gutenberg and Elementor).

If you see the video the interface is extremely interesting because clicking on a module alongside changes the panel making it very fast to get inside, it seems like how Nicepage works.

Divi 5 will stay for a little while because they will soon release 6 with new features and modules. Divi 5 is the foundation for the future of Divi for the coming years.

I'm linking 2 interesting videos but they are very old, they are on the dev alpha so very outdated, they are interesting because they show how it saves data through revisions and how fast it is with core vitals.

Thanks. I've been using Divi for years so know all about Divi 5, just want to find a beta that developers have to play around with it.

But if you haven't even seen it yet, it's unprofessional to judge something without thorough proof.
Which one would you recommend?
What's unprofessional is you serving sh** to your "thousands" of clients.
Why are you even making their websites if you let them change the things you did? What's the point?

What's unprofessional is you serving sh** to your "thousands" of clients.
Why are you even making their websites if you let them change the things you did? What's the point?
You should try a product before judging it, and v5 will come. Divi has flaws that it carries over because it was founded in 2013. It needed to be rewritten, it's logical that Bricks is more modern since they made it recently and had the chance to also understand what users don't like.

Yes, I have thousands of clients that choose WordPress precisely because, being open source, they know that once the work is delivered it is theirs, so if they want they can modify the contents. Why shouldn't I let them modify the contents? But what surprises me is that if you make sites and the client shouldn't touch them, you use a page builder and even WordPress.

You should do it directly with HTML5 CSS PHP MySQL and JS code using Visual Studio Code or even just Notepad.

For a client that shouldn't modify their own site, using Divi WordPress or any visual builder is equally a wrong choice.

The same WordPress internally is a mess of procedural and object oriented code, the worst CMS ever created, whose success was determined by the incompatibility over time of the various versions of Joomla and the difficulty of Drupal.

My opinion is that Bricks is suitable for a professional who develops the site, while Divi or Elementor are suitable for inexperienced owners.
WordPress is suitable for those who don't have important needs, while custom development is necessary for those who have particular needs in UX and functionality.
There is no perfect solution, it depends on the case.

Last edited:
Reactions: chezzz
Divi is not for web developers; any reputable developer wouldn't touch it with a barge pole. Built correctly with ACF, something like Bricks or Oxygen is superior in virtually every way possible and allows clients to edit to their heart's content.

Reactions: xsz
I have tested the latest Divi v5.0.0 dev beta 9 and it's not promising at all . Other than rewriting the core, it's still lack stuff like container, grid, flex. For accomplice simple design, you have write a lot of code. Just try breakdance builder.

Divi is one of the oldest page builders. Those who have used it for many years know that updates have always guaranteed backwards compatibility.

This is why flex or grid are missing, to ensure that the millions of Divi sites still online (which rely on floats) can be updated.

The products you mentioned are new. If they had been created at the time of Divi, they would have the same shortcomings, if not worse.

Do you really believe that the development team that creates such a theme plugin using php, react etc, would not be able to implement grid or flex?

The goal is to guarantee maximum benefit to sites created many years ago, upgrading and converting layouts with one click.

Flex or Grid are just a few lines of custom CSS code to apply manually.

It also has many other advanced, unique theme management features.

I have tested the latest Divi v5.0.0 dev beta 9 and it's not promising at all . Other than rewriting the core, it's still lack stuff like container, grid, flex. For accomplice simple design, you have write a lot of code. Just try breakdance builder.
Can you share a copy?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock