• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

Competition - For all Graphic Designers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sharing is caring ;)

Attachments

• Upiato_logo_v1.png
    Upiato_logo_v1.png
    17.9 KB · Views: 5
  • Upiato_logo_v2.png
    Upiato_logo_v2.png
    18.6 KB · Views: 5
  • Upiato_logo_v3.png
    Upiato_logo_v3.png
    16.3 KB · Views: 5
Reactions: 1nf0t3ch
This competition is now CLOSED for new entries. I won't close the thread though.

Thank you all for your entries, some really great submissions here. :love:

We will go through them all tomorrow and after what will entail a lot of discussion, will announce the winner!

Thanks to ALL.

TassieNZ :)

I think upia.to will need to be adjusted a bit to fit the text in the symboy.
Since the cloud uses a gently rounded texture, the font style should adjust the same.

This will make the overall look more pleasant in the long run.
This is a good choice.

• Love
Reactions: yolosmasher
For sure lost to the first post already. so ill just put down first thing that came to mind.. for posterity..

I shall speedily hobble back to my gutter now.. . Increadible work guys, no shortage of talent around here

Attachments

• maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 6
  • Haha
Reactions: xsz
For sure lost to the first post already. so ill just put down first thing that came to mind.. for posterity..

I shall speedily hobble back to my gutter now.. . Increadible work guys, no shortage of talent around here
That's a bad mindset mate. Even if you think that, you should do it anyway! I'd like to see what you can do ;)

not to be judgemental or so, but more than half of these (or very similar) submitted logos could be found just in google images looking for "up logo"
Finding an exact match and finding something similar are two different things. I would like to see what you can come up with without searching for inspiration. Good luck.

• Haha
Reactions: GambitSteel
Finding an exact match and finding something similar are two different things. I would like to see what you can come up with without searching for inspiration. Good luck.
so firstly, as a designer (no matter logo or web/UI/UX) you need to gather information from a client, what he want to be seen as. After that, you can search for inspirations.

Nobody asked what "client" wants, how to be seen, what he likes, what kind (typo only, with a symbol (if that's the case, what kind of symbol)) of logo wants.

What do you think, if you made a logo with similar symbol as Twitter, will it be ok? It's not the same if one "wing" is missing, right?

Reactions: IfIWereRich
so firstly, as a designer (no matter logo or web/UI/UX) you need to gather information from a client, what he want to be seen as. After that, you can search for inspirations.

Nobody asked what "client" wants, how to be seen, what he likes, what kind (typo only, with a symbol (if that's the case, what kind of symbol)) of logo wants.

What do you think, if you made a logo with similar symbol as Twitter, will it be ok? It's not the same if one "wing" is missing, right?

Your first comment was good, with sense, but now you're taking the situation out of context,

You just said it yourself, there is no "client" here, take that off the table, there is no money involved, there is only a brief (and clear) specification, not very detailed, it is true, but there is

So do not bring a work context to something that is not, that you share your opinion is respected, that you distort the situation, not

Reactions: xsz

You are thinking inside the box, you need to think "outside the box"

Not like a train with predefined tracks, but like a vortex in a swamp

caption.jpg

Reactions: Loomy
Your first comment was good, with sense, but now you're taking the situation out of context,

You just said it yourself, there is no "client" here, take that off the table, there is no money involved, there is only a brief (and clear) specification, not very detailed, it is true, but there is

So do not bring a work context to something that is not, that you share your opinion is respected, that you distort the situation, not
if there wouldn't be any client, there wouldn't be any competition. No matter the prize, money or what ever. Even if you're doing for free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock