• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

35-40% of your disc space FREE AGAIN!

caracaltaca

Trusted Uploader
Aug 4, 2019
Elsewhere
www.fbi.gov
This is NOT spam, scam, not even fun…
It’s a serious –personal opinion– on keeping, archiving and using huge amount of data (clipart: images, vectors, ps tools, videos, etc). I inform the people who are searching only to download something, that there is not any download link in the following text.

I had in mind to name this article: And after download what? (part II),
but I though that this wasn't so catchy.... :)

EXAMPLE:
"10.000+ Vectors Bundle from InkyDeals" from jlascobra,
~44GB zipped file, ~67GB uncompressed resulting a no more than
40GB uncompressed folder = 35-40% LESS SPACE on my discs!

IMPORTANT NOTE:
I make it clear from the begining! I am not trying to say anything against jlascobra
(btw I feel happy having him share all thiese valuable resources!!!)

Phase 1. DOWNLOAD
It took more than 6 hours to be downloaded, using a freeware utility –one of the best downloaders I have ever used– named JDownloader (available for mac, windows and linux). Quick, without surprises, decide how many simultaneously downloads and with what bandwith, but the most important with the ability to pause any download and start again anytime. Quite enough time to unzip this archive also….

Phase 2. CLEANING UP THE FILES
2a.
VECTOR files: Normally in a folder you can find all these versions together: AI, CDR, EPS, SVG and a preview JPG. I use to keep AI or SVG format, throwing away all others. Many times, the preview JPG file is more than 10Mb…! I need it max 800px width. Dont forget, its a preview. So I prepared a photoshop script to do this work for me. When you deal with ICONS you also have different png resolutions with svgs, ais, ….. Decide what you neeed and throw away all others. If you keep the SVG or AI file, you can reproduce on demand them in less than a minute. I have found previews more than 10Mb when that what you really need is no more than 500Kb !

2b. JPG Hi-Res images: The bigger the better? No, not at all! Depending HOW you gonna use them you have many ways to manipulate them. Personally need the highest resolution, as my mainly scope is to Print them in high-res offsett environment. But that doesnt mean that I have to keep these crazy resolutions…. So as I need them the higest res. I pass all photos through a ps script and keep the JPG 11 compression (you could esily keep the JPG 10, but…)
In the following screenshot you will understand everything:

For those who dont believe it, I have made a TEST. Following this link, you will reach an uncompressed PNG file containing a very small detail of an image in real size, in these resolutions: JPG start image, JPG10, JPG11 and JPG12. Can you see any difference? even with the JPG10 one? I am saying it again: No resampling, no size/color change, only the JPG compression and ONLY with photoshop which I trust for a work like this.

Phase 3. Removing the DUPLICATES
jlascobra proved me that he is a gentleman! Only a very-few duplicates found. Many uploaders use to copy 2, even 3 times same file/or folder to show a bigger archive. I didn't earn anything than some Mbs from this action (almost unbilievable).

Phase 4. Counting the RESULTS
In a 44 GB zipped file (67 GB uncompressed) –without loosing anything at all !!!– I reached the 40 GB the most! 35-40% less space in about an hour!
Remember, you normally keep them, backup them, upload them…. and of course its another thing to cataloguing 67GB and completely different the 40GB. And tomorrow you will have more, and more…. And I’ll have to take care again uploading, keeping, backups and so on….

Does this mean anything to you?

PS_
I'll do the same thing with the 300GB archives, that jlascobra shared with us all (thx, thx, thx....), when the download proccesss will have an end.....
2. Thanks to all of you, that succeeded to read the entire article, and... sorry for mistakes in english....
3. I am open to new ideas on modifications to my routine, as well as your comments...

Last edited:
This is NOT spam, scam, not even fun…
It’s a serious –personal opinion– on keeping, archiving and using huge amount of data (clipart: images, vectors, ps tools, videos, etc). I inform the people who are searching only to download something, that there is not any download link in the following text.

I had in mind to name this article: And after download what? (part II),
but I though that this wasn't so catchy.... :)

EXAMPLE:
"10.000+ Vectors Bundle from InkyDeals" from jlascobra,
~44GB zipped file, ~67GB uncompressed resulting a no more than
40GB uncompressed folder = 35-40% LESS SPACE on my discs!

IMPORTANT NOTE:
I make it clear from the begining! I am not trying to say anything against jlascobra
(btw I feel happy having him share all thiese valuable resources!!!)

Phase 1. DOWNLOAD
It took more than 6 hours to be downloaded, using a freeware utility –one of the best downloaders I have ever used– named JDownloader (available for mac, windows and linux). Quick, without surprises, decide how many simultaneously downloads and with what bandwith, but the most important with the ability to pause any download and start again anytime. Quite enough time to unzip this archive also….

Phase 2. CLEANING UP THE FILES
2a.
VECTOR files: Normally in a folder you can find all these versions together: AI, CDR, EPS, SVG and a preview JPG. I use to keep AI or SVG format, throwing away all others. Many times, the preview JPG file is more than 10Mb…! I need it max 800px width. Dont forget, its a preview. So I prepared a photoshop script to do this work for me. When you deal with ICONS you also have different png resolutions with svgs, ais, ….. Decide what you neeed and throw away all others. If you keep the SVG or AI file, you can reproduce on demand them in less than a minute. I have found previews more than 10Mb when that what you really need is no more than 500Kb !

2b. JPG Hi-Res images: The bigger the better? No, not at all! Depending HOW you gonna use them you have many ways to manipulate them. Personally need the highest resolution, as my mainly scope is to Print them in high-res offsett environment. But that doesnt mean that I have to keep these crazy resolutions…. So as I need them the higest res. I pass all photos through a ps script and keep the JPG 11 compression (you could esily keep the JPG 10, but…)
In the following screenshot you will understand everything:

For those who dont believe it, I have made a TEST. Following this link, you will reach an uncompressed PNG file containing a very small detail of an image in real size, in these resolutions: JPG start image, JPG10, JPG11 and JPG12. Can you see any difference? even with the JPG10 one? I am saying it again: No resampling, no size/color change, only the JPG compression and ONLY with photoshop which I trust for a work like this.

Phase 3. Removing the DUPLICATES
jlascobra proved me that he is a gentleman! Only a very-few duplicates found. Many uploaders use to copy 2, even 3 times same file/or folder to show a bigger archive. I didn't earn anything than some Mbs from this action (almost unbilievable).

Phase 4. Counting the RESULTS
In a 44 GB zipped file (67 GB uncompressed) –without loosing anything at all !!!– I reached the 40 GB the most! 35-40% less space in about an hour!
Remember, you normally keep them, backup them, upload them…. and of course its another thing to cataloguing 67GB and completely different the 40GB. And tomorrow you will have more, and more…. And I’ll have to take care again uploading, keeping, backups and so on….

Does this mean anything to you?

PS_
I'll do the same thing with the 300GB archives, that jlascobra shared with us all (thx, thx, thx....), when the download proccesss will have an end.....
2. Thanks to all of you, that succeeded to read the entire article, and... sorry for mistakes in english....
3. I am open to new ideas on modifications to my routine, as well as your comments...
Its an honour (at least) to receive a like from Babak..... Thx for your patience!

Reactions: Piyu03
sure, but that's too big and I am feeling sleepy. I will definitely read that article tomorrow because I am not in those who are doing things for formality. 😅

I will read your full post in my free time. Goodnight. :D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock