Sends an email every day showing most popular topics.
An email of the most popular topics is sent to all members and guests that have subscribed to the email subscription.
- Option to allow guests to subscribe to the emails
- Option to exclude forums.
- Option to vary the number of topics sent in the email.
- Option to send test email.
- Admin page to easily manage subscriptions.
- All phrases start with emailsubscription_ for your convenience.
- Download Andy-EmailSubscription-2.7.zip and unzip it.
- Copy the src/addons/Andy/EmailSubscription directory to your server.
- From the Admin Control Panel Install the add-on.
This add-on will add a a table called andy_email_subscription to your database.
Questions and Answers:
Q: Which forums should I exclude in the Options page?
A: Exclude any forums the Unregistered / Unconfirmed user group cannot access.
Q: Which user group should get "Yes" in the user group permissions?
Q: When are the emails sent?
A: 12:00 PM UTC every day. Adjust the cron entry if you would like to change this time.
Q: Can I change the time the emails are sent?
A: Yes. Change the Email subscription Cron entry.
Q: Can I import data from XF1 version of this add-on?
A: Yes. Add "emailsubscription/import" to your forum URL after you have installed the add-on.