• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

Help to host a php website with databases on AWS using EC2 or recommended services

Jessica64

May 3, 2022
Babiato's personal talk

My name is Jessica and I'm new to the tech world.

I'm requesting help to host a php script I got from the BABIATO community.

My difficulty is, how can I host this or any script within Amazon?

I can even host using Windows Server and using tools like XAMPP. However, the speed of the site and (I believe) that security can be compromised.

Can someone explain in simple steps or guide me with a link that teaches this?

Hi Jessica,

I use AWS / EC2 instances for a few years and it's a very solid and cost-effective platform. So I do not use anything else.

1) Create an EC2 instance and install a web server (i.e: choosing a server setup (cpu/ram etc) and linux package (Debian/Ubuntu etc), then installing the basic web server software...)
https://docs.aws.amazon.com/AmazonR...AP_Tutorials.WebServerDB.CreateWebServer.html

2) Install (copy) your php app to your new webserver
** I use WinSCP client to manage files on my cloud-based linux webservers, since I primarily use Windows on my local setup.

** I skipped over DNS, although in reality you will already have a spare domain name registered for your purpose -- and will point it to your new EC2 instance's public IP address after you have created it **

Now.. those two steps will take some time, unless you are already well-versed in basic Linux commands, and the common webserver packages like PHP, Apache/Nginx, MySQL, etc.

The biggest pitfall for most build-it-from-scratch webserver admins is that you will not have the knowledge and skill to avoid getting exploited by attackers, either from automated systems that exploit your open ports and unprotected php scripts, or from accidentally installing malware on your own system. Luckily there are many good ways to protect your server. You have to secure your server: installing firewall, use SSH protection like fail2ban, harden the server packages (php/nginx/mysql). All this does is make you a harder target, no system is 100% safe.

I wish you great luck

Hi Jessica,

I use AWS / EC2 instances for a few years and it's a very solid and cost-effective platform. So I do not use anything else.

1) Create an EC2 instance and install a web server (i.e: choosing a server setup (cpu/ram etc) and linux package (Debian/Ubuntu etc), then installing the basic web server software...)
https://docs.aws.amazon.com/AmazonR...AP_Tutorials.WebServerDB.CreateWebServer.html

2) Install (copy) your php app to your new webserver
** I use WinSCP client to manage files on my cloud-based linux webservers, since I primarily use Windows on my local setup.

** I skipped over DNS, although in reality you will already have a spare domain name registered for your purpose -- and will point it to your new EC2 instance's public IP address after you have created it **

Now.. those two steps will take some time, unless you are already well-versed in basic Linux commands, and the common webserver packages like PHP, Apache/Nginx, MySQL, etc.

The biggest pitfall for most build-it-from-scratch webserver admins is that you will not have the knowledge and skill to avoid getting exploited by attackers, either from automated systems that exploit your open ports and unprotected php scripts, or from accidentally installing malware on your own system. Luckily there are many good ways to protect your server. You have to secure your server: installing firewall, use SSH protection like fail2ban, harden the server packages (php/nginx/mysql). All this does is make you a harder target, no system is 100% safe.

I wish you great luck
Hi abmiller99. Thank you so much for this information

Well, I followed all the steps mentioned by you above.
But now, my problem is... how can I upload the script to this server? It is running apache and mysql. All ready!

I just need to know how to upload this script to that server?

Babiato's personal talk

My name is Jessica and I'm new to the tech world.

I'm requesting help to host a php script I got from the BABIATO community.

My difficulty is, how can I host this or any script within Amazon?

I can even host using Windows Server and using tools like XAMPP. However, the speed of the site and (I believe) that security can be compromised.

Can someone explain in simple steps or guide me with a link that teaches this?
better you use a free panel like aapanel

• Wow
Reactions: Jessica64
You can actually upload the files either with ftp or sftp using the port 22 you allow from security policies as well. Do a quick search in google how to upload files into ec2 using sftp or ftp. But if you want to install a script you might need databases, modify files etc, if you are not comfortable doing these manually, best to use one of the control panels among many cwf, aapanel, cpanel, plesk, cyberpanel etc.

search for filezilla , you can easily setup sftp or ftp into any instance easily, it should be free.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock