• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

Why Do Some Websites Have WWW1 Or WWW2

JuliusBajaj

Apr 23, 2020
I notice some websites use WWW1 or WWW2, WWW3, e.t.c. to there website, why is that what is the benefits? should we call it a subdomain or hypertext?

Last edited:
Basically different www'n's means a different web server.

Website operators apply this technique for load balancing. If a server with a www domain is experiencing overload, crash, or technical maintenance, you can be redirected to a different server named www2, www3, www4, etc. The redirect can take place automatically. There are more modern and advanced techniques available to balance the internet workload, but these addresses still occur.

Basically different www'n's means a different web server.

Website operators apply this technique for load balancing. If a server with a www domain is experiencing overload, crash, or technical maintenance, you can be redirected to a different server named www2, www3, www4, etc. The redirect can take place automatically. There are more modern and advanced techniques available to balance the internet workload, but these addresses still occur.

Oh Good, I got it, are they automatically, or there is a setup I have to do on my end?
can I create a subdomain base on ww1? ?? or it just settings?

Oh Good, I got it, are they automatically, or there is a setup I have to do on my end?
can I create a subdomain base on ww1? ?? or it just settings?

No you cant do it as a subdomain. As I said, it is a old load-balancing technique. There are more modern ways of doing it now. Unless you are planning on doing load balancing, you shouldnt be worry about it.

No you cant do it as a subdomain. As I said, it is a old load-balancing technique. There are more modern ways of doing it now. Unless you are planning on doing load balancing, you shouldnt be worry about it.

Okay, could you kindly explain how that can be achieved. I would like to implement that on a few of my cloud storage websites

Oh, I see, thanks.
...which I could add to my site if possible, :D

Okay, could you kindly explain how that can be achieved. I would like to implement that on a few of my cloud storage websites

It is a bit of work. For starters, we can use AWS or some other similar platform to share the traffic you get. Is your website running on any framework? There are plenty of tutorials too out there.

Oh, I see, thanks.
...which I could add to my site if possible, :D

I think your website is running on Wordpress? There are a few plugins you can use but unless you get tons of traffic and your current host cant handle it, you shouldnt implement one in my opinion. You are just gonna end up paying more money for a service which is not even necessary for your site.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock