• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

Web Browsers

What web browsers do you guys use and why?
I'm deciding if I should drop Chrome and get back to using Edge or Brave.
almost all modern browsers (with the exception of firefox) run on the crhonium engine, so we all essentially use the same browser, unfortunately this is the case =(

I stopped using Chrome 3 years ago, I only use Firefox now.
I would probably use it again when I go back to developing.

Reactions: CKRU
almost all modern browsers (with the exception of firefox) run on the crhonium engine, so we all essentially use the same browser, unfortunately this is the case =(

The Chromium engine is fine, I'm thinking of moving to Brave to lower CPU and Memory usage, not sure how it'll affect workflow. Looks like everything works the same as Chrome. (Brave I've only installed and barely used).

Edge I found to be less demanding than Google Chrome Browser but that being said the only reason I stopped using Edge was because I've encountered bugs from Edge in the past and it was annoying, so using Chrome there weren't as many bugs.

I stopped using Chrome 3 years ago, I only use Firefox now.
I would probably use it again when I go back to developing.

Firefox personally I find it clunky to work with when using the developer tools. probably another major factor would be browser extensions, this is also relevant to Edge. I found some Chrome extensions to not work on the Edge browser.

Thoughts?

Reactions: tradesman
Chrome has been one of the most CPU and Memory demanding browser that I've used to be honest.
yes, but the current technology of making unused tabs "passive" has solved all these issues a little

yes, but the current technology of making unused tabs "passive" has solved all these issues a little

Not quite, and as a web developer, having passive tabs causes pages to reload, it's not always a good thing.

I think the problem with Firefox is, it tends to cause CSS issues on a website, this is true, so need a browser that's more relevant to work with where it's relatable to the masses.

PS. I'm still using Chrome right now. Having Chrome, Edge and Brave open. Chrome is using a lot more than every other browser.

Not quite, and as a web developer, having passive tabs causes pages to reload, it's not always a good thing.

I think the problem with Firefox is, it tends to cause CSS issues on a website, this is true, so need a browser that's more relevant to work with where it's relatable to the masses.

PS. I'm still using Chrome right now. Having Chrome, Edge and Brave open. Chrome is using a lot more than every other browser.
yes, i agree, but if you web developer - buy min 16 gb ram) is cheap, and cpu min i7 2600))

yes, i agree, but if you web developer - buy min 16 gb ram) is cheap, and cpu min i7 2600))
I have 64GB Ram brother and my CPU is better than a i7 2600

Forgot to mention I also do broadcasting and recording for television studios and 4k video editing, so PC performance is not an issue.

I tend to multitask a lot, so I get quite a**l with my fan speeds on my liquid cooling going high. So dropping the CPU and Ram usage as much as possible is attractive.

Want to see what people's thoughts on for their browser of choice, get some ideas and see if I can get away from using Chrome.
may be you adf POLL on thread?

and you test Safari browser for web dev?))

Too late to start a poll thread now,
I hate Safari with a passion. Also sticking to Windows. Having worked for Apple previously, yes their products are great for ease of use, but for a lot of us working in the IT field, Windows is perfectly fine. Use to use an iPhone but I've switched to Androids and won't look back, better workflow with Androids to be honest.

In terms of browsers, Safari is probably the most buggiest browser I've seen.

Reactions: tradesman
Also, Chrome has an extensive collection of useful extensions for developers, but unfortunately, it's also a resource hog. I always have dozens of tabs.

Safari is a no-go for development. I use it only for compatibility testing and CSS adjustments, lol. What's the percentage of Safari users out there? nada. lol.

Also, Chrome has an extensive collection of useful extensions for developers, but unfortunately, it's also a resource hog. I always have dozens of tabs.

Safari is a no-go for development. I use it only for compatibility testing and CSS adjustments, lol. What's the percentage of Safari users out there? nada. lol.

Correct, that's why I'm going to try Edge again.

If you are using web development tools then 100% brave
otherwise I'm going with Firefox most of the time.
some say vivaldi is good for productivity but in my opinion it's overly packed to the brim,
if you are using macOS SigmaOS is a good one too.

If you are using web development tools then 100% brave
otherwise I'm going with Firefox most of the time.
some say vivaldi is good for productivity but in my opinion it's overly packed to the brim,
if you are using macOS SigmaOS is a good one too.

I'd appreciate it if you would explain why would you recommend Brave over other browsers for development. Thanks

Sorry, I haven't been developing for a couple of years now, I'm so outdated.

brave is so much lighter in comparison to chrome, although they are using the same engine.
Firefox is just buggy, you can't find the exact elements you are searching for, (it simply does not show them to you)
hidden behind a god dahm ton of layers brave can show find them without any fuss.

Chrome just feels awful, when you need to have 10 tabs active chrome does its crash thing and all your data will be lost, same for vivaldi)
Oh I forgot the opera some say it's a god send gift, but I've never tried it on my own.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock