• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

Setting up a Course Learning website - [I am looking for advice]

Gazzooks

Sep 29, 2020
Hi all;

As the post title suggests, I would like to know what other developers are using or if you can suggest a better system.

If you could take a couple moments and let me know what you think.

Thank you very much!

Yes, I saw that as well, but I wonder, if it is better to have a stand alone versus build on top of WordPress
Depends on your requirements really, define your requirements from the start and know which system will work better. If you go with WordPress, just avoid adding too many plugins to the installation to avoid conflicts and hours of troubleshooting.

Depends on your requirements really, define your requirements from the start and know which system will work better. If you go with WordPress, just avoid adding too many plugins to the installation to avoid conflicts and hours of troubleshooting.
My Requirements are as follows:
  1. Able to host more than one course,
  2. The best features for the author and user (like Udemy)
  3. Take Payments for single course and for subscription based.
Probably an over simplification, that's about it really.

My Requirements are as follows:
  1. Able to host more than one course,
  2. The best features for the author and user (like Udemy)
  3. Take Payments for single course and for subscription based.
Probably an over simplification, that's about it really.
The simpler the better.

I think WordPress can help you with all these. Ultimately, the choice is yours.

Good luck. Do keep us up to date on whichever option you choose to go with.

Also, have you considered how you will be hosting your videos? (Cloud storage or YouTube or hosting provider?) This gave me some issues at some point because I was looking for the cheapest option (you might not have that problem tho).

Also, have you considered how you will be hosting your videos? (Cloud storage or YouTube or hosting provider?) This gave me some issues at some point because I was looking for the cheapest option (you might not have that problem tho).

I haven't thought of the Image and video storage Needs yet. I am thinking though that maybe some storage in the Cloud would be faster.

I haven't thought of the Image and video storage Needs yet. I am thinking though that maybe some storage in the Cloud would be faster.

AH well, don't forget to look at the available cloud storage integrations for whichever platform you choose. I am aware some WordPress plugins make you pay extra for extensions to connect cloud storage like AWS and co.

AH well, don't forget to look at the available cloud storage integrations for whichever platform you choose. I am aware some WordPress plugins make you pay extra for extensions to connect cloud storage like AWS and co.
Perfect, ty for the heads up

Reactions: Theone
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock