• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

IONOS 1 dollar .com domain with private registration

Judge

Babiato Lover
Trusted Seller
Trusted Uploader
Apr 29, 2021
Apologies if this has already been mentioned, but IONOS is currently running a nice deal. For just one dollar, you can secure a domain name with popular extensions like .com, .net, and .org, among many others. What's even better is that each domain registration includes a free private whois service.

I've been taking advantage of this offer for a while now by creating multiple accounts, especially for clients. It's easy to transfer ownership by simply providing them with the login credentials, and I never have to pay more than one dollar! :D

Please do share any similar domain offers you may have!

Stay away. This is old 1on1 site ran into too many problems for users. So, they renamed it ionos by rebranding.

Reactions: purpletiger
1 dollar in 1st year, what is the cost of next year?
Next year you will pay double or sometimes three times the regular price. These so called free domains is big SCAM. Since you will not pay for next year, sellers will convert these domains into premium ones as domain is now already one year old.

Reactions: purpletiger
Stay away. This is old 1on1 site ran into too many problems for users. So, they renamed it ionos by rebranding.
I've never had any problem with them. I usually transfer the domain to my accounts either in NameCheap or Google Domain (mainly for renewal prices) after one year. I also don't host with them.
For me, the 1 dollar is a great offer. I've bought over 13 domains so far using multiple accounts with no issues whatsoever.

I've never had any problem with them. I usually transfer the domain to my accounts either in NameCheap or Google Domain (mainly for renewal prices) after one year. I also don't host with them.
For me, the 1 dollar is a great offer. I've bought over 13 domains so far using multiple accounts with no issues whatsoever.
I am oldest member of 1on1. I have very bad experience. Their trustpilot rating for 1on1 was around 3 before they rebranded as IONOS.

well namecheap would charge for my testdomain $14,18/year and IONOS $17/year after the 1year deal...but yea 1on1 and IONOS, there are better choices in the cloud world;)

well namecheap would charge for my testdomain $14,18/year and IONOS $17/year after the 1year deal...but yea 1on1 and IONOS, there are better choices in the cloud world;)
Regular rate is USD 8.99 for biggest .com seller of the world and that rate always remained same year after year. So, you see you are paying double the rate for 2nd year and on. BTW, namecheap is banned in India. So, there must be some valid reason for banning this site. Strange.

I am oldest member of 1on1. I have very bad experience. Their trustpilot rating for 1on1 was around 3 before they rebranded as IONOS.
I'm sorry for your experience. As I said, I've never hosted with them. Only buying domains using the 1 dollar offer and I always transfer it to NameCheap or Google Domains after the first year. Everything is great so far and this offer is the best IMO. If you have a better domain offer please do share it.

Most of the domain offers I've seen lately hide the fact that you need to pay extra for the private whois! IONOS doesn't. Only one dollar hoping you might be interested in their other services. I'm not :p

Reactions: Custom B
Apologies if this has already been mentioned, but IONOS is currently running a nice deal. For just one dollar, you can secure a domain name with popular extensions like .com, .net, and .org, among many others. What's even better is that each domain registration includes a free private whois service.

I've been taking advantage of this offer for a while now by creating multiple accounts, especially for clients. It's easy to transfer ownership by simply providing them with the login credentials, and I never have to pay more than one dollar! :D

Can't find the offer page, As i add a domain, the price changes to $5.10.. can you please help me out with more info if possible?

Can't find the offer page, As i add a domain, the price changes to $5.10.. can you please help me out with more info if possible?
You need to ignore all the addons and choose "only domain" and you will pay only 1 dollar.​

Last edited:
My experience with ionos 1 dollar promo was not great, they won't let you easily transfer the .com domain you get with this promo if the domain is good one.

I registered 6 letter domain with them which they did not allowed to transfer to other registrar during renewal period so had to renew it on ionos.

So only register a domain which you are comfortable with renewal rates for 2nd year or use another registrar.

Same experience here. Their renewal charge is 3 times of average market price. I had one site which I didn't renew. IONOS now updated same site value with 200USD.

So as a person who did the $1 for the 1st year then saw it be like $18/yr after that based on the domains that it would allow for the promo. granted it yes I agree with the previous comments but I know that getting it for $1/1st year is quite a steal, however their security the last time I tried in 2016 was extremely aggressive and if you owe for anything they basically flag ya and then you're screwed, so I have been sticking with NameCheap (NC) since then have done a quite bit of domains on sale, renewal easily and been happy. I started back in 2008 with webhosting so I have been through a lot of those kind, even LuckyRegister was a good company until NC got better with deals and had better system for things like deals, updating domains and live chat vs Luckyregister or ionos after switching from 1on1. So yeah forget ionos and the $1/1st year unless you're going to be in with a clean account whose never owed them anything.

$1/year for 1 year then just $25/year
Contract renews automatically
(Billing: 2 years in advance)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock