• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

Introducing Myself ... Better Late Than Never

unusual_research

Jan 9, 2021
Romania

Hello everyone!​

I am excited to finally introduce myself to this amazing community after being a lurker for over two years. Better late than never, right? I want to apologize for taking so long to do this, but I am here now and ready for my third and last attempt. I wrote it two times before and failed to post it because I either lost my text, or it didn't meet my expectations. :rolleyes:

A bit over two years ago, I landed here while searching for a book on Google. I was immediately attracted by the topics discussed and quickly after my mind got blown when I saw the quality of content and member's dedication. I was also impressed by the amount time and hard work moderators put in for maintaining everything. I soon discovered that I share values, mindset and interests with many of you, and that made babiato grow won me even harder.

But who am I? I am a guy from Europe who has been passionate about computers since '95 when I played my first games while visiting some friends. I got my first PC in '98 during the era when "real" pirates sold games CDs on street corners. Most kids could only play demo CDs from magazines at that time, and even when we bought CDs from these "pirates," they were either empty or had the wrong label. And on the rare occasions when they worked, illusions of Voodoo or Riva cards were haunting us. :)

Drooling over game magazines, screenshots and dreaming of high-end systems, I soon made contact with the local software & hardware underground market, so things got better. However, because the volume was big, the games were too expensive to have all of them, so I quickly became an expert in finding free stuff online. By the mid-2000s, I had over 1300 CDs in my collection and was building systems or giving tech tips to most people around me. In time, I developed excellent skills in finding almost anything I needed online, but that was just the beginning for the time being.

Fast forward to 2015, after I took an education detour down the path of biology, business, and economics, I found my true calling when I took a local class on web development. Since then, I've worked as a freelance front-end developer, collaborating with great companies and clients along the way. In my free time, I love exploring new things and staying up to date with the latest news in the computer world. As an art lover, I am always on the lookout for cool graphic designs, particularly web designs, and I constantly bookmark interesting resources related to graphics, web development and software. My library is already pretty massive, with over 12k savings.

Until I discovered this community, I was never an active or involved member in an online community for too long. However, this community has given me a lot, and I hope to give back in any way I can. I am happy to help people troubleshoot their tech issues, recommend system configurations, or offer any other advice I can. So, here I am, slowly trying to engage and connect with you all. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. I hope this intro gives you a good glimpse into who I am and what I can bring to babiato. :giggle:

Thanks for reading,​

Cheers !​

Cheers back and would be cool to share some of your 12k library savings. I'm sure there is a lot of interesting knowledge in there.(y)

Reactions: unusual_research
Hi there 👋
Considering you like books...
Check out openbooks. It's a selfhostable way to download and search for FREE ebooks. Best part? 100% free and open source.

Also... Welcome to the babiato community 🙂
Glad to have you here :)

Reactions: unusual_research
Hi there 👋
Considering you like books...
Check out openbooks. It's a selfhostable way to download and search for FREE ebooks. Best part? 100% free and open source.

Also... Welcome to the babiato community 🙂
Glad to have you here :)
Thank you for the suggestion and warm welcome. I found some cool free e-book websites, but I am not sure I am allowed to post them as they're considered warez.

Cheers back and would be cool to share some of your 12k library savings. I'm sure there is a lot of interesting knowledge in there.(y)
Hey, thanks for the welcome.
There surely are a lot of interesting ones that I'll share. Just reorganized most of them as they were quite a mess

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock