• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

How do I upload .apk to site where members can down it, but when I upload the apk file gives error file not allowed

cteq1

Sep 18, 2018
Hello
I want to have an android .apk file on my site for people to download (downloader on firestick cant handle zip file so it has to be .apk) but it doesnt matter how I upload it gives error on upload, due to security this type of file is not allowed. So whats the solution?

Is your website running on a shared host? You should be able to upload apk files in default without any issues.

Reactions: cteq1
Hello
I want to have an android .apk file on my site for people to download (downloader on firestick cant handle zip file so it has to be .apk) but it doesnt matter how I upload it gives error on upload, due to security this type of file is not allowed. So whats the solution?
What script are you using for upload? Check file permissions and file extension allowed for upload.

You can upload it to the file-hosting site and make a downloading link available on your website.

You can upload it to the file-hosting site and make a downloading link available on your website.

Thats what I have been doing but most of the free file hosting sites go through so many hoops.

Is your website running on a shared host? You should be able to upload apk files in default without any issues.
I have shared hosting and addon domain. I did upload to wp-content/uploads but I cant see it in media library. m3u file and mp3 files are no problem

Unless media they won't appear on media library. Upload your file, preferably with a name that doesn't contain spaces, something like: my_awesome_app.apk then insert direct link in your post like
Code:
My post header

My post content

file <a href="yoursiteurl/wp-content/uploads/my_awesome_app.apk"> Download from here </a>

Note: this is for text editor of your post

Or use wp editor (whichever you have Guttenber or whatever) to insert link into your post, direct link to your file.

Wordpress doesn't allow files other than the common ones (jpg, gif, png, pdf, doc etc) through the media uploader. No svg, apk or anything alike.

The easiest way is to upload your file through ftp and make a direct link like @slvrsteele said.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock