• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

Chores/Tasks web based app for kids

RiPPERD

Jul 14, 2020
Hello,

so ive been searching for a few days now but with no luck for what i actually need...

im trying to make a web based (self hosted) app that i can set daily tasks for the kids to do jobs and earn pocket money.

main features would be adding jobs, the kids can mark as complete when they done them, user login for security (doesnt need to be secure)

anyone know anything like this? ive tried using ChatGPT but it crashes so much the coding doesnt work right

Do you think kids want work on certain jobs?

Even if they want to do they have limited knowledge and most of the time they spend time on playing
You will find that they are probably just referring to jobs around the house, exactly the same as what we do with our kids, so that they get used to doing certain chores as they get older and learn how to do simple things like cook, clean and live independently, all whilst earning a little bit of pocket money for themselves.

This user is just wanting a online setup where they can login in and set new task/jobs or the kids can login and simply mark off the jobs that have been done by them.

Don't be too quick to judge what others are like. 😜

Reactions: RiPPERD and vinu
You will find that they are probably just referring to jobs around the house, exactly the same as what we do with our kids, so that they get used to doing certain chores as they get older and learn how to do simple things like cook, clean and live independently, all whilst earning a little bit of pocket money for themselves.

This user is just wanting a online setup where they can login in and set new task/jobs or the kids can login and simply mark off the jobs that have been done by them.

Yup :) I misunderstood

Do you think kids want work on certain jobs?

Even if they want to do they have limited knowledge and most of the time they spend time on playing
i already have family link setup so i know their screen time but this is for them to earn pocket money... they both have 2 jobs to do daily... load/unload dishwasher and walk the dogs

Yes spot on... they seem to think money grows on trees so now they must start earning their money so they realise work = money... tiktok = 0 money lol

something like Kanboard works fine but its not very mobile friendly... i want a web based app so i can run it from my own server and then use Website2Apk to make the app for the mobiles.

i have tried using ChatGPT to make it but with very little success as it always crashes. i have tried some opensource apps but either dont run or need a db etc. also tried TaskGo i think its called which is kind of alright but a little in depth and far too many features which are not needed and make it harder for kids to use...

Any ideas? i have some coding knowledge but mainly editing rather than from scratch and im happy to use a mobile app instead but mobile knowledge is minimal these days... i was modding the old nokia symbian and blackberry stuff lol

Hello,

so ive been searching for a few days now but with no luck for what i actually need...

im trying to make a web based (self hosted) app that i can set daily tasks for the kids to do jobs and earn pocket money.

main features would be adding jobs, the kids can mark as complete when they done them, user login for security (doesnt need to be secure)

anyone know anything like this? ive tried using ChatGPT but it crashes so much the coding doesnt work right

If you also want to learn some coding in the meantime you can simply use a shared multi-user laravel to-do app (there are tons of examples online and also full codes on github). While adding probably 2 extra filters: who can see tasks and who completed task (I mean which user).
Something like shared grocery lists.

If you also want to learn some coding in the meantime you can simply use a shared multi-user laravel to-do app (there are tons of examples online and also full codes on github). While adding probably 2 extra filters: who can see tasks and who completed task (I mean which user).
Something like shared grocery lists.
this sounds good... thank you i will look into it.

I can extend the idea a little more with some improvements:
- at task creation a new field with value to be added (task value)
- user mark task complete (it can't be modified after marked)
- admin verify and confirm task completion
- user has added task value to balance after task confirmation
- user can request withdraw (notification of withdrawal)
- admin confirm withdrawal at which time user balance is reset to 0

I can extend the idea a little more with some improvements:
- at task creation a new field with value to be added (task value)
- user mark task complete (it can't be modified after marked)
- admin verify and confirm task completion
- user has added task value to balance after task confirmation
- user can request withdraw (notification of withdrawal)
- admin confirm withdrawal at which time user balance is reset to 0
this sounds exacly what im after... lol

where can i find this? or can you make it? you seem to know your stuff

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock