• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

Afternic.com ⚠️Scam⚠️

UniqueSarang

May 2, 2022
India
unqspace.com
Afternic is a domain marketplace website where you can buy domains and list your domains for sale; BTW, it's a GoDaddy brand, so most people trust it for this reason.

Before listing my domain, I regret I didn't search for its reviews on google. There are hundreds of negative reviews about this scam site afternic.

How I got scammed :
Yesterday My domain was sold for $939, and they also charged a fee of $234.75 for it.

Screenshot 2023-03-29 161151.png

Now the main problem is after providing the authorization code, they made the transfer, and I released the domain from my GoDaddy account. Still, they are saying they and its almost 23 hours do not receive the domain, and they keep sending me the same mail. Still, the domain is successfully transferred to them; as I can see in the whois lookup database, I provided the screenshot below of the success of the GoDaddy transfer.

Screenshot 2023-03-29 161910.png

Here are some replies from after nic what they are saying. Also, I sent 20-30 emails and 15-20 times form submissions on their website, and their reply time is one more bad thing.

Screenshot 2023-03-29 163000.png
Screenshot 2023-03-29 163249.png

For also security purpose, I have sent mail to the abuse department of Namecheap for better option if things go wrong

Screenshot 2023-03-29 163808.png

Final words :
Refrain from trusting such platforms like afternic. First of all, please google it before using their services, and I got robbed, maybe, but I will update in the future; but I think I am a techy guy, so I will try my best to get the domain back or receive my payment even I will file a case against GoDaddy and afternic if things go bad for me.

Why GoDaddy is envolved here?
Because GoDaddy is hiding such a scam behind them, and for the first time, I sold the domain to a marketplace, it redirected me there directly to sell it from their dashboard.

I will recommend all babiato lovers that Do not trust afternic and dont trade with them. It's 100% Scam.

What afternic was trying to do with me? The Lesson.
Afternic was trying to say that they didn't receive the domain and I might send it to someone else's account, and they want to rob that domain name for free and also set the redirect on that domain to send traffic to their other known or parental domain, But they dont know who I am and whom they are dealing with.
The domain was a top-level domain with DA 52, PA 44, DR 4.4 and monthly organic traffic of 100K+

Screenshot 2023-03-29 164632.png

I consent that this is my review of afternic according to my experience. Also, you can self-search on google about afternic scam and see hundreds of negative reviews about Them.
If you have any suggestions regarding this post or can help me guide you through some further steps, please don't forget to reply to the thread. That will help me gain more knowledge for this kind of situation.

Update : Today at 10th of april 2023 I recieved the payment from afternic.

Everyday I was messaging them for payout but they are keep sending messages like they have sent payment on 31th of march but I told them each and everyday that its not still recieved to my bank.

And they charge more $30 for the payment transfer and 25% which for brokership which is almost $234.75 total 264.75.

Final words : Do not recommended for newbies to sell or buy domain because i have to struggle lot to get paid by them.
Before you make any decision to trade with afternic make sure to waste your 5-10 minutes to research its review and user experience with them.

I am not a personal hater of this platform but they deserve what they do.

Last edited:
Any updates on this? I'm assuming they've sent your money or else you would've commented about it. I've sold domains via Afternic before and sometimes they're slow to send you your funds. I think the most I've waited was 1.5 weeks, but they always say they received the auth code.

It's only been 24 hours. Give it time. They sell hundreds of domains a day.

Any updates on this? I'm assuming they've sent your money or else you would've commented about it. I've sold domains via Afternic before and sometimes they're slow to send you your funds. I think the most I've waited was 1.5 weeks, but they always say they received the auth code.

It's only been 24 hours. Give it time. They sell hundreds of domains a day.
Yes they have confirmed the domain is sold also, received mail of payment release but didnt received it to the provided payment method.

they have been around for a long time, and arent a scam. you use the marketplace, and you pay a broker fee, thats how it works.

i tend to use sedo more though. as afternic is pricey

they have been around for a long time, and arent a scam. you use the marketplace, and you pay a broker fee, thats how it works.

i tend to use sedo more though. as afternic is pricey
They are definitely a scam for new users who dont know about the trading of domain. Read the full post and you will notice why i am saying it scam.

glad the sale went through, i use sedo myself, fees are much lower, and the domain is in escrow while payment and transfer are done. then released when confirmed has been transfered.

also i would have paid more than $900 for that name, if you have any more like that, let me know.

glad the sale went through, i use sedo myself, fees are much lower, and the domain is in escrow while payment and transfer are done. then released when confirmed has been transfered.

also i would have paid more than $900 for that name, if you have any more like that, let me know.
Thank you for your recommendation I would definitely try Sedo.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock