• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

Acceptable usernames

slvrsteele

Mr. G(rumpy)
Staff member
Null Master
Babiato Lover
Trusted Uploader
Nov 5, 2019
CDN
I want to bring to your attention the usernames issue (at least I consider it being an issue).

I've seen lots of members with usernames promoting email, websites and (probably in the future) explicit private contact methods (like: TG:username)
I want to ask you if it wouldn't be a good practice to remove these users from the forum and send them to make a proper username that doesn't promote anything?

Eventually added as a rule?

@Babak @CyberDeviL @TassieNZ @medw1311 @tuton012 @ELLIO7 @patrocle

Example:

And there are a few more promoting websites which I cannot find for now

I saw facebook posting on Babiato so hell yeah!

Yes also brands, anything with Babiato or admin etc in the name.

a rule can be implemented not sure if they can change username after the account is created so a rule will be useless unless they read the rule before creating an account or created a module at sign up that don't let them use any email as a username

Rules can be accessed by a non-registered user without any limitation. Also at registration users have to check the box where they agree with terms and privacy policy

a rule can be implemented not sure if they can change username after the account is created so a rule will be useless unless they read the rule before creating an account or created a module at sign up that don't let them use any email as a username
With Xenforo you can create a list of banned words for usernames.

Reactions: Tuton
Also, not sure if an individual can change a username, but I know @Babak can do it.

There is an addon for XF that allows the usernames to be changed by the user but I won't recommend to be implemented as they will abuse of it and change their usernames more often than their socks.

There is an addon for XF that allows the usernames to be changed by the user but I won't recommend to be implemented as they will abuse of it and change their usernames more often than their socks.
Totally agree. I'd loose track of people on my sh** list!!! :)

• Love
Reactions: Tuton and Mr G
Rules can be accessed by a non-registered user without any limitation. Also at registration users have to check the box where they agree with terms and privacy policy
90% all the user doesn't read the rules at signup they just want to leech. the best right now is the addon that @medw1311 suggested it will be the best choice

90% all the user doesn't read the rules at signup they just want to leech. the best right now is the addon that @medw1311 suggested it will be the best choice
If I remember rightly it's not even an addon but part of the XF Core..

Reactions: TassieNZ
yes in xenforo can add User name validation
  • The words or phrases in this field will not be allowed in any part of user names. Put each word or phrase on its own line. Entering 'tar' will disallow 'star' and 'tarnish' etc.

Reactions: TassieNZ
yes in xenforo can add User name validation
  • The words or phrases in this field will not be allowed in any part of user names. Put each word or phrase on its own line. Entering 'tar' will disallow 'star' and 'tarnish' etc.

Code:
@
:
babiato
admin

Would be a good starting point

Reactions: Babak
What about someone that registers with username: myshittywebsite.tld ?

Want me to build a list of TLDs to be put on the registering filter?

What about someone that registers with username: myshittywebsite.ltd ?
i cant do anything about "."
but can add some ltd if want
like .com .org .xyz . net .xxx :D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock